cylindrical flute w/ Boehm headjoint and simple system keys

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
mcdafydd
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: My wife and I moved back to beautiful Central Vermont and I need to update my Location! Thanks much...

Post by mcdafydd »

David Migoya wrote:they don't really "play" like the cone flutes. The resistance is much different. I don't get the same "feel" from the bottom notes, although the upper registers into 3rd and 4th octave are very much on.

for what it's worth
if you'd like a photo or perhaps measurements, simply ask.
dm
ah yes, i thought to myself afterwards, "I wonder what it sounds like?" :)

If measurements and photos aren't any trouble, then yes, I'm very interested in seeing them. I've been getting more into my flute studies as of late. The conical timbre happens because of the different harmonics strengthened by the resultant air wave reflected back from the open hole to the embouchure, which is obviously going to be different in a conical vs. cylindrical flute, right? Which also makes sense as to why cylindrical flutes are more in tune as you start going up the octaves, dividing and dividing the waves in half. Am I kinda on track there?

cheers!
headwizer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by headwizer »

glinjack, what is the make of this flute?
glinjack

Post by glinjack »

hi headwizer
there are no brands or name on the flute, surprising even though it is very well made.
headwizer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by headwizer »

Here is an example of a Boehm-simple system hybrid from Terry McGee's site. It's Rudall/Rose model 7295: