Flute sales no longer allowed

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
ChrisLaughlin
antispam: No

Flute sales no longer allowed

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

It has been decided that the sale of beautiful flutes will no longer be permitted in this forum unless at a substantially reduced price adequately low enough to be within my budget (free).

I wanted that Olwell Bb. I want that Grinter Bb. I want that Wilkes D/Eb. Yet I have no money.

For that reason all unwanted flutes shall henceforth be sent to me for free.

Thank you,

Chris
Dana
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dana »

Hear, hear! I'm in complete agreement!

Dana
marosan

Post by marosan »

Oh, yes. I can completely understand you. :cry:

Nothing is worse than reading other people "Yesterday I got my new keyed Chris Wilkes/Pat Olwell/Pet Noy etc. flute. It's my sixth one..."

I live in Hungary, and my family is not so rich - so I couldn't afford an expensive, high quality flute. I'm desperetaly waiting for the opportunity to buy a good keyed flute - though I know I won't have one soon. I'm going to be a teacher - I won't earn much money, so I don't know how I will spare money to buy a good keyed flute. But somehow, some day
I will have one! And I'm practicing a lot on my present flutes.

So I sympathize with you.

Now I have two wooden flutes - a Martin Doyle and a Michael Grinter.
The Martin Doyle flute I got for free years ago (GOD BLESS YOU MARTIN!!!) :D and I exhanged the old Boehm-system wooden flute of my late grandmother for a Grinter flute with a Japaneese guy last year (my family was REALLY angry when got to know it). :x

Bennet
marosan

Post by marosan »

- I got my Martin Doyle flute from the maker when he was here in Hungary, in 2001.

Bennet
Tchie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

So sorry...

Post by Tchie »

marosan wrote:Oh, yes. I can completely understand you. :cry:

Nothing is worse than reading other people "Yesterday I got my new keyed Chris Wilkes/Pat Olwell/Pet Noy etc. flute. It's my sixth one..."
Heu... I told my husband that I need no jewells but buy me one good flute for my life...
Now I have two wooden flutes - a Martin Doyle and a Michael Grinter. The Martin Doyle flute I got for free years ago (GOD BLESS YOU MARTIN!!!) :D and I exhanged the old Boehm-system wooden flute of my late grandmother for a Grinter flute with a Japaneese guy last year (my family was REALLY angry when got to know it). :x
Well, I am not the Japanese but as I am Japanese, I feel so sorry about that. (supposing that the price of Boehm-system flute is much higher than that you had exchanged) There are not so many Japanese who play wooden flute, I hope that the guy's nick name is not begin with "H"...

Anyway, I hope that WE get one day our only flute!!
Unseen122
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I like that idea here is the second part. All flute sales must have at least a 10% tax to me. :D I know i should probably take this more seriously.
marosan

Post by marosan »

Tchie wrote:
Well, I am not the Japanese but as I am Japanese, I feel so sorry about that. (supposing that the price of Boehm-system flute is much higher than that you had exchanged) There are not so many Japanese who play wooden flute, I hope that the guy's nick name is not begin with "H"...
I forget the name of the guy - as I have a very weak memory. I brought my old Boehm-flute to several instrument-valuators, and the opinion of all was the same: it wasn't worth more than 500 USD.
I was very disappointed, because that was a good flute (made in the
late Democratic Republic of Germany), in good condition. That's the point of valuating instruments I will never be able to understand. You show two instruments to a valuator, you couldn't find ANY difference between them (except for looking them with a microscope), and the guy said that this worth 100 USD and that is 1000 USD. A miracle for me!
Anyway, I wanted a good Irish flute, I got it, and I happy with my Grinter flute.

Bennet