FS: flute pickup/microphone system

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Gabriel
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

FS: flute pickup/microphone system

Post by Gabriel »

Hi, as I'm changing to a mic-on-a-stand solution for my "auxiliary flutes" (Bb, Eb, whistles etc.) I'm selling one of my two flute pickup/microphone systems. It is based on the AUDIX ADX10-P cardioid lavalier microphone with a velcro clip tailored for unthinned wooden flute headjoints and a little mute foot switch with indicator LED to poplessly (!) mute the mic for tuning etc.

The velcro clip is currently set up for a Bb flute headjoint but can be squeezed together to fit thinner headjoints. I can use it on my own D flute without problems. The clip consists of a bronze strip on which the mic clip has been screwed, covered with foam rubber and velcro tape. Very straightforward to use.

The mic's cable is about 2,5 meters long and can be secured under the velcro clip for strain relief. The mic's cable ends in a mini XLR plug, a preamp adaptor for standard XLR is included. The mic requires 9-52V phantom power. Mic body and preamp have a few scratches from stage use but function flawlessly. Comes with a nylon pouch with zipper.

The mute switch is of my own making, I've made about 35 of them so far and they work lovely. The switch contains a few capacitors and resistors, it's not just a "short pin 2 and 3" solution (technically, it's a low pass filter). Input and output are symmetric XLR jacks. The mute box is transparent for phantom power, i.e. it's just passed through. The LED is powered by a seperate circuit with a 9V block battery. Battery can be changed by removing the screws in the box. Battery life should be about 200 hours, the LED is on when the mic is switched on. The switch says "Bb" because I used it for switching my Bb flute on/off, shouldn't be a problem to remove the letters with acetone.

Here's a photo of the whole lot.

And here's a video of the system in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHjvjkOzC_A
*edit* here's a better one without tons of reverb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxTs7vNU3oQ

I'd like 200€ plus shipping for everything. Please note that the headjoint isn't included in the sale ;)
Send me a PM if you're interested.

Cheers, Gabriel
hpinson

Re: FS: flute pickup/microphone system

Post by hpinson »

Wonderful playing on the last two Youtube links! :) :) :)
eilam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by eilam »

i don't need a microphone but really enjoyed your amazing playing !
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Thanks guys :)

I'm entertaining offers, so let me know...