heriot and allen?

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
amackenz
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

heriot and allen?

Post by amackenz »

hey everyone, first time poster...
I have a set of Heriot and Allen smallpipes, which could use a little tune up, and perhaps a new bag. Does anyone know is Heriot and Allen still around? A goodle search only turned up an antiquated website. Or does anyone know any pipemakers who might be willing to take a look at them. Thanks
AaronMalcomb
antispam: No

Post by AaronMalcomb »

The last incarnation of Heriot & Allan was under Ann Sessoms and Robbie Greensitt. Robbie has retired. I have a set of border pipe drones made by Robbie. I asked him about drone reeds and said he didn't make them anymore but would be able to look at mine. I decided not to bother him with it.

You may want to check with the other Northumbrian makers since they generally make their pipes in more delicate measurements.

For a bag, a lot of makers make their own bags so I'm sure if you just gave one the dimensions of your bag and chanter stock you could get one.

EDIT: I just noticed you are in North America. If you make a tracing of your bag you can contact a vendor who sells L&M bags and they will send the template to L&M and get a custom bag. Your other option is Michael MacHarg whose bags are comparable. These options are viable anywhere in the world but being in North America just means they are closer.
marcpipes

Post by marcpipes »

Check your p.m. box.
Marc
Um....Mom, Dad?......I'm Gaelic.
Ian Lawther
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Ian Lawther »

AaronMalcomb wrote:The last incarnation of Heriot & Allan was under Ann Sessoms and Robbie Greensitt.
I think the ONLY incarnation of Heriot and Allan was Sessoms and Greensitt. Heriot is Ann's middle name and Allan Robbie's.

Ian.
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

Ian Lawther wrote: I think the ONLY incarnation of Heriot and Allan was Sessoms and Greensitt. Heriot is Ann's middle name and Allan Robbie's.

Ian.
That's a nifty bit of trivia. Sessoms & Greensitt would have been a nice brand name but Heriot & Allan has a certain ring to it.
marcpipes

Post by marcpipes »

I had a look at them today. It's a beautiful mellow sounding set. The bag needed seasoning(perhaps a new/bigger bag some day) and the chanter reed needed an easy bridle adjustment. After that, it's a great set.
Um....Mom, Dad?......I'm Gaelic.