Bellows Repair Tape

We have some evidence, however, that you may have to pay for the reeds.
jtrout
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play ITM on flute and whistle and enjoy the the topics on both forums. Much more civil and germaine that The Session.Org.

Bellows Repair Tape

Post by jtrout »

I have a Honer Double-Ray Black Dot box and the bellows tape is wearing through. "A stitch in time saves nine", leads me to seek repair tape. The color is "gold". Does anyone know a source?
Ciarameddaru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Bellows Repair Tape

Post by Ciarameddaru »

Forum rules prohibit mixing free reed instruments and constitutional law. Your next violation will result in your account being canceled. I suggest you exercise prior restraint. :lol:
Zampogna: The Soul of Southern Italy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pa4W7iA5So
Ro3b
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Ro3b »

The House of Musical Traditions carries bellows tape in different colors. The catch is that the tape is essentially a long strip of metalized textured fabric with no adhesive. You have to spread white glue evenly on a board, press your tape into it, then apply the tape to the bellows.

My Hohner's bellows tape is in the same shape as yours. I bought a roll of tape a few years ago, but actually applying it seemed like such a messy, difficult task that I've been procrastinating all this time.
jtrout
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play ITM on flute and whistle and enjoy the the topics on both forums. Much more civil and germaine that The Session.Org.

Post by jtrout »

Ro3b: Thanks very much for the link.