We don't need no stinkin' proofreaders.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

We don't need no stinkin' proofreaders.

Post by Nanohedron »

I've seen [read: ignored] this ad for a while, and I only just now noticed a great typo in it. If you miss it mid-ad - it's printed pretty large, though - wait for it also as the very last word at the lower left of the screen at the end of the ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Mr776y6oA

They're infallibly delicious. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Brus

Re: We don't need no stinkin' proofreaders.

Post by Brus »

Nanohedron wrote:I've seen [read: ignored] this ad for a while, and I only just now noticed a great typo in it. If you miss it mid-ad - it's printed pretty large, though - wait for it also as the very last word at the lower left of the screen at the end of the ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Mr776y6oA

They're infallibly delicious. :wink:
Reminds me of the punctuation error I've been seeing from a local taxi company for maybe twenty years.

They have bumper stickers announcing "DRIVER'S WANTED"

(Driver's what wanted?)
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. (Anything is more impressive if you say it in Latin)
stanton135
Tell us something.: Hi Nano. I was somewhat active on the Chiffboards maybe 5 or 6 years ago, participating in several whistle tours (Bracker, Hardy, Ellis). I took a break from the Chiffboards, and music mostly, for several years because I got a full-time job and had a baby. I'm easing back into the music, though (which is great, I missed it). It's good to be back!

Post by stanton135 »

Driver IS wanted--in 3 states.

:D
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

Reese's has apparently taken some grief in the press over this (and on Facebook, like that matters). Perhaps the powers in Rome have approved the use of that spelling as a Reese's trademark.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Feadoggie wrote:Reese's has apparently taken some grief in the press over this (and on Facebook, like that matters). Perhaps the powers in Rome have approved the use of that spelling as a Reese's trademark.

Feadoggie
Even now on this issue we see no corporate repentance, so maybe one could say it has changed from a mortification into an indulgence.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
oleorezinator
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

Corporate repentance from those weasels?
You'll be running 'round the mulberry bush
fer a long time.
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Nanohedron wrote:
Feadoggie wrote:Reese's has apparently taken some grief in the press over this (and on Facebook, like that matters). Perhaps the powers in Rome have approved the use of that spelling as a Reese's trademark.

Feadoggie
Even now on this issue we see no corporate repentance, so maybe one could say it has changed from a mortification into an indulgence.
Maybe they think the only people who would be bothered by it are snobes. ;) (How many of y'all remember that episode?)
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

I bet some money has changed hands... Uh, oh. Meet your new Eucharist wafer, folks!
"... and he broke it, saying, 'Thou hast gotten peanut butter in my chocolate!'"

Easter candy will make a lot more sense, now.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

chas wrote:Maybe they think the only people who would be bothered by it are snobes. ;)
Ha. Good one.

Well, guilty as charged. Language may be constantly in flux, but that doesn't mean I'm required to withhold comment, much less cheer along blind change for its own sake.

Mind you, there's no question I don't concern myself with typos around here unless they're my own; this is a social setting, and being understood is of the first importance. But big media? Different case altogether. In their ubiquity they may potentially be seen as authoritative and so, by extension, absolutely constitute an educational arm. They are beholden. If they don't like my snobery, they can take their complaint to the Holey Sea and ask for an audience with the Popp.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Pringles are next on the pontifical bandwagon: Once you pope, you can't stope!
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

fearfaoin wrote:Pringles are next on the pontifical bandwagon: Once you pope, you can't stope!
Good one.

I've also long wondered about the Catholical significance of this stuff:

Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

POV Asian p**n.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Well, it was meant to convey something about the joy of sects.