On the radio tomorrow!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

On the radio tomorrow!

Post by Redwolf »

Cór Ainglí (www.coraingli.com), including yours truly, is going to be singing on our local NPR affiliate tomorrow (November 9)! I don't know how many songs we'll get to do, but we'll probably do "Thugamar Féin an Samhradh Linn" and "Rug Muire Mac do Dhia," since those are a couple of our more "up-tempo" pieces (our slower pieces are lovely, but when you're trying to grab an audience's attention in a relatively short period of time, you want to get their toes tapping). We've also discussed doing "An Mhaighdean Mhara," even though it's a slower song, as the tune will be recognizable to at least some of the listeners (this particular show tends to feature music from the British Isles, and from Ireland especially). It's possible we will do "Deus Meus" instead.

Anyway, if you want to hear us live, you can go to http://www.kusp.org around 1:00 p.m. (around 9:00 p.m. in Ireland and the U.K., if I'm counting correctly) and click on "Listen Live." If you miss the live show, each week's show is usually archived and downloadable as a podcast (the name of the show is "Continental Drift"). Of course, if you do happen to find yourself in the Monterey Bay area, you can also just tune your radio to 88.9 FM.

We're also going to be doing two concerts in the area this year...it would be lovely to see some Bay Area chiffers there! Our first concert is this coming Sunday, November 10, at 3:00 p.m., at Vallombrosa Center, 250 Oak Grove Ave., in Menlo Park. The second performance is next Saturday, November 16, at 7:30 p.m., at Pacific Cultural Center, 1307 Seabright Ave., Santa Cruz.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
fearfaoin

Re: On the radio tomorrow!

Post by fearfaoin »

I didn't see this until too late. But I found the show you were on:
http://blogs.kusp.org/continentaldrift/
You can listen to the latest show there (probably until next Saturday). I found the first song (Rug Muire) around 47 minutes in, after an interview.
Lovely stuff. I love few things more than Christmas songs in minor keys. Breaking into Latin just tied the bow on it.
The second interview, about the crossing of Celtic Christianity, sounded interesting. I will go back and listen closer later.
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: On the radio tomorrow!

Post by Redwolf »

fearfaoin wrote:I didn't see this until too late. But I found the show you were on:
http://blogs.kusp.org/continentaldrift/
You can listen to the latest show there (probably until next Saturday). I found the first song (Rug Muire) around 47 minutes in, after an interview.
Lovely stuff. I love few things more than Christmas songs in minor keys. Breaking into Latin just tied the bow on it.
The second interview, about the crossing of Celtic Christianity, sounded interesting. I will go back and listen closer later.
Rug Muire is always a show-stopper! We usually do it as our penultimate number (with the last one being something the audience can sing on).

Sadly, the archived show is only up for a week, so it's gone now.

Glad you were able to catch the archived show!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!