Denny

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
carrie

Re: Denny

Post by carrie »

Denny really made a difference in this community—a very bright star.
/cf
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

Rest in peace among the stars, Denny.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Caroluna forwarded this to me from djm who has been in steady contact with Denny outside of C&F over the years:
djm wrote:Denny's wife, Adena, has contacted me to note that the Hospice of the Northwest organization was a great help and made a huge difference in Denny's end-of-life experience. If any organization deserves support she feels it is these folks. If you are so inclined, the family requests you make a charitable donation to further Hospice's work.

http://www.hospicenw.org/foundation.cfm

djm
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Thanks so much for sharing this!
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
ambaiste

Post by ambaiste »

sad news indeed always enjoyed his posts.
Casey Burns

Post by Casey Burns »

Sad news indeed! I remember once he came and visited my workshop. We had a great visit together.

Casey
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Casey Burns wrote:I remember once he came and visited my workshop. We had a great visit together.
Do tell us about that, if you can. As one who only really knew him through correspondence myself, it would be good to hear of him fleshed-out.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

I can be so clueless... I missed Denny's passing, completely. I realized that he has not been in the PP, but did not explore. Picayune things sometimes get in the way of important ones. I hope Lesley and Denny meet... All will be well. All manner of things will be well.
Best.
Bill
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
dholly

Post by dholly »

APOD is now my homepage, and loving the TED's. Thank for so much for all your insight over the years, and all the best to the family.
Doug.
mukade

Post by mukade »

Ah, this is horrible.

I have been away from Chiff for a long while due to illness and to come back to this is so sad.

Denny's astro pictures kept the off-topic forum alive during post droughts.

I hope he is enjoying his journey through the stars.
'The people who play the flat pipes usually have more peace of mind. I like that.'
- Tony Mcmahon
Paul

Post by Paul »

Aw Jeez - I just logged in and read this. I can't begin to say how sorry I am to hear this most unexpected news... If anyone speaks to any of his family please pass on my deepest condolences. I almost hated clicking on Denny's links, not because they were bad but because they would often lead me into an hour or two of one interesting link leading to another and another and so on and I would get so sidetracked that I would forget all about being on C&F! LOL

I will miss you, Denny.

Best,
Paul Light
ecohawk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by ecohawk »

It was only by chance that I checked this forum. I am stunned. Denny provided such brilliance and wit to the community. I will miss him so.

Rest in peace and I will fill a Parting Glass in your honor my friend.

Michael
"Never get one of those cheap tin whistles. It leads to much harder drugs like pipes and flutes." - anon
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

Very sad. i havent been on C&F for a long long time, yet something drew me back, i was thinking of Denny and that he would probably have some great pics and links the comet spectacular from yesterday.
rip Denny , thoughts are with the family.. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam .
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
Anyanka

Post by Anyanka »

I've only just come back to the forum for the first time in a long while - how sad to find this news. I used to always check out Denny's picture threads and often shared them with my astronomically minded husband.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

I will always think of him when I look at the night sky. In fact, I already did because his love and fascination with the stars was so infectious.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?