Denny

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
gregdidge
antispam: No

Re: Denny

Post by gregdidge »

Denny will be missed. He has been a constant on the Forums as long as I've been here. I have greatly enjoyed the APODs and Ted lectures he found and posted. His command of emoticons is a wonderful thing to see in action. Always helpful and a great sense of humor. All I can say is :cry:
It is important not to mistake the edge of a rut for the horizon!

Greg
Cathy Wilde
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Ah, Denny, Denny, Denny. This world is losing a great soul. I will miss you, my friend. Mind our horses, hold me a seat at the session, and I owe you a pint on the other side.

Peace to Adena and the rest of the Rays. Thanks for letting us know, Nano and djm.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

Ach, only just seen this thanks to Cat's FB post. How sad and awful. Like all above, I shall miss his wit, support, camaraderie and generosity. Go gently, Denny. For me he has been the real spirit of C&F.
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

If anyone finds out that there's a favorite charity his family would like us to donate in his memory to, please let us know.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
peeplj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by peeplj »

I am so sorry to learn of this.

Though we never met in person, Denny is a friend.

My deepest sympathy for him and his family and all his friends in many lands.

The world will be a smaller place without him in it.

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

This is just terribly sad news. :cry:

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Alan
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

Post by Alan »

Just learned the chilling news about Denny. What gracious good humour, wit and wisdom we are losing.

I am not ashamed to say I am weeping as I type this. :cry:
rorybbellows

Post by rorybbellows »

There'll be a new star in the heavens when he's gone , one to remind us, whenever we look up to the night sky.

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Denny is a very dear friend....the light and laughter he brought to our lives will forever be missed. Thank you for everything you've given us, Denny. Much love being sent to you and your family.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

The playful sparring relationship I had with Denny here at C&F was a pleasure I looked forward to, but it was also a challenge, because he had an unending talent for firing from out of left field like no other. Kept me on my toes, he did.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

I was trying to be sanguine about this, but I cannot. I am shocked and gutted, as I was by the news of Devondancer and Roland's death. I hear about death daily as if from a vast distance and it doesn't feel like it touches me. Until one day the loss of someone with whom I've never even shaken hands fills my eyes.

Your terse epistles and sudden right turns often drove me to distraction, denny, but I will miss them like the dickens. This place will be poorer without you.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

I ended up in my inbox today...the first time in a very long time. There was a rather humorous discussion with Denny there (from 2010!), about how he would look in a Rumba dress. It was a good memory :lol: But, it still brought many tears with it. I reiterate, he will be missed very, very much.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

Denny, rest easy mate... a final sailor's salute and God Bless
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

He will definitely be missed. Good flight, Denny! And the Great Galactic Session Circle adds another chair.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Cayden
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

Denny is a true gift to this community. He will be remembered for his intellect and awesome sense of humor. My condolences to all who loved and appreciated him.

Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Official Life Member of DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!