Easter Dinner, what will you be having?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Easter Dinner, what will you be having?

Post by chas »

We found a couple of morels (one the biggest I've ever seen) in the yard yesterday, so I made a morel-and-cheddar omelet this morning. It was heaven.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

We will be having T-bone steaks with sauteed onions and portabella mushrooms and homemade french fries.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Infernaltootler

Post by Infernaltootler »

All you can eat Chinese Buffet - well it was the nipper's birthday so dinner her choice and being 9 years old we ended up stuffing ourselves with egg fried rice.
Finally feel like I'm getting somewhere. It's only taken 6 years.
Doug_Tipple

Post by Doug_Tipple »

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, we had 20 people for Easter dinner at our home, all members of my wife's extended family. After the main course and right before desert, three of the men guests pulled out their cell phones and stared down into their laps. One fellow, 37 years old and still living with his mom and dad, was playing a computer game. His dad, a retired marine, was entertaining us (I kid you not) to the Marine Corps anthem, "From the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli". The other man thought it was cute to play the contents of the phone's funny answering machine messages for all to hear. The 9 year-old at the table thought that it was terribly funny, but I was wishing that I was somewhere else. After dinner I put a basketball game on TV to keep them entertained.
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

We did lasagna for dinner this time. And a really ooey, gooey, chocolately devine cheesecake thingy for dessert. Yum!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

I spread some compost on the front garden a few months ago and a watermelon vine came up. Five wateremelons had ripened by Easter and I broke fast on Saturday with juicy red melon straight off the vine.

Then there is the passionfruit that we planted six months ago which is now loaded with over 60 fruits (yes, I like to count :) ). I gave the first ripe passionfruit to the first virgin with Mary, Miriam or Marian (or Indian: Mariam) or variants in her name somewhere. Some of you will know that the botanical name for passionfruit is Passiflora Incarnata which is linked to the Holy Passion.

My pagan life is replete with all sorts of nice symbolisms. I think I might need therapy but how could I afford it? I mean, dinner tonight was simply oatmeal porridge with a very, very big dollop of honey. Honey can be expensive you know. It has cost me my veganism .......
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
benhall.1
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Isn't honey Vegan? I thought you were OK as long as it wasn't an animal product. Couldn't one argue that bees just collect the stuff and process it? I mean, it's not an animal product in the same way that milk is, is it? Plus, it doesn't involve killing any calves ...
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Bees make honey for bees, not for people. It is a considered a form of exploitation to many vegans. Vegan is often not just a diet, but a lifestyle that includes other things like not wearing wool, silk leather, etc.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
dwest

Post by dwest »

talasiga wrote:
Then there is the passionfruit that we planted six months ago which is now loaded with over 60 fruits (yes, I like to count :) ). I gave the first ripe passionfruit to the first virgin with Mary, Miriam or Marian (or Indian: Mariam) or variants in her name somewhere. Some of you will know that the botanical name for passionfruit is Passiflora Incarnata which is linked to the Holy Passion.
Passiflora incarnata sounds like a weed to me. A glyphosate should take care of it, eventually. :wink: There is interesting folklore around the parts of the flower and the Passion Of Christ. Three stamens for the nail wounds, a crown of thorns, twelve petals for the Apostles, etc.

A healthy hive always makes more honey than it can possibly use and the way things are now with bees world wide they need us as much as we need them. A mutually beneficial relationship.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

I.D.10-t wrote:Bees make honey for bees, not for people. It is a considered a form of exploitation to many vegans. Vegan is often not just a diet, but a lifestyle that includes other things like not wearing wool, silk leather, etc.
Oh do I wish I had some of these vegans in my life. I would spend all my living day thinking up ways that they are exploiting just by breathing, just so I could point out the errors of their ways. Back in the old days, I made an effort out of telling every vegan that i knew that Oreos were made with animal fat. I'm probably the cause of Oreos now being made with vegetable shortening.
白飞梦
dwest

Post by dwest »

I always thought the reason vegans didn't use honey is because it is regurgitated...many, many times, vomit is pretty much vomit.
Whistlin' Will

Post by Whistlin' Will »

dwest wrote:I always thought the reason vegans didn't use honey is because it is regurgitated...many, many times, vomit is pretty much vomit.
Oh boy. Now I can walk up to someone eating honey on bread and ask, "Enjoying your delicious bee vomit?"

Personally, I like bee vomit on my biscuits.
-Will
Out in the sticks
With the hicks
And the ticks

My avatar is a photo of one of my T-shirts.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Then you'll love Mead. What could be better than the regurgitation of an insect that has feasted on the glandular excretion of a plant left to ferment in a sealed container for capturing fungus waste to consume?
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Figs. They're pretty disgusting and tasty too.
白飞梦
dwest

Post by dwest »

The venison was even better tonight, must have been the Polish bacon, saw a rabbit in the yard they're good with Polish bacon and figs.