A Dare.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

Did you laugh?

Yes
15%
No
85%

Total votes: 26

aderyn_du
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: A Dare.

Post by aderyn_du »

And this is all really just another take on the whole lolcat phenomenon, really....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolcat

(which you may have already known, in which case, please ignore)
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
dwest

Post by dwest »

mutepointe wrote:Oh Doug, I was not making fun of anyone's ignorance. I'm the grandchild of immigrants from Czechoslovakia and my friends grandparents were all from Eastern European countries. We had many laughs trying to pronounce each others' and our own exotic foods. There are many foods we have no idea how to spell or can no longer pronounce correctly and some foods that take me a few attempts to pronounce somewhat correctly. All of the recipes in my family were passed down word of mouth. Grandpap could read, I'm not sure Grandma could. It was funny to me to see the shoe on the other foot.
I don't understand you have already established you are from the Slovak side why do you keep insisting on this Czech affiliation? Slovaks not good enough? Czechs better? What's the story here? What are these LOL cats, they aren't in any guide I have.
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

dwest wrote:
mutepointe wrote:Oh Doug, I was not making fun of anyone's ignorance. I'm the grandchild of immigrants from Czechoslovakia and my friends grandparents were all from Eastern European countries. We had many laughs trying to pronounce each others' and our own exotic foods. There are many foods we have no idea how to spell or can no longer pronounce correctly and some foods that take me a few attempts to pronounce somewhat correctly. All of the recipes in my family were passed down word of mouth. Grandpap could read, I'm not sure Grandma could. It was funny to me to see the shoe on the other foot.
I don't understand you have already established you are from the Slovak side why do you keep insisting on this Czech affiliation? Slovaks not good enough? Czechs better? What's the story here? What are these LOL cats, they aren't in any guide I have.
Yep, this confused state of yours confirms which side you're from. Have a Halupki.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
dwest

Post by dwest »

mutepointe wrote:
dwest wrote:
Yep, this confused state of yours confirms which side you're from. Have a Halupki.
It's Monday, enchilada night. Salsa verde! Mexican!
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

comimos tacos de hoy.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦