Hi! Catching up...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Alan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

Re: Hi! Catching up...

Post by Alan »

Susan, I don't recall what IRC client you were using. Moon and I have been using one called Icechat for a while now. Many use mIRC and there is BersIRC also.

The server is: irc.perl.org

The chatroom is: #chiffy

If you use Firefox you might try the Chatzilla add-on. Start it from the Tools menu then enter: /server irc.perl.org followed by: /join #chiffy

There is also the Live Chat link up at the top of the forum pages though that way in does not always work well.

Hope that helps but if it doesn't, holler for more and I will try to confuse you further. :lol:
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

I truly have been wondering about you, so it's timely and great that you posted. I hope you are well and have fond memories of meeting you when you came to visit. I think Tony is planning a whistle party for August so....

When someone "goes away" I always ponder that something bad has happened, or they washed their hands of us. Paranoid but.... Glad you're back to visit.

LB
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
susnfx
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by susnfx »

Hi Weeks! No party for me in August--I've got a high school reunion (we won't go into which one) in southern Utah towards the end of the summer and that's my trip for the year.

Alan, I can't manage to get into the chat room using that mIRC--I recall having to go through all this nonsense the first time. I've tried several times just using the "live chat" at the top of the screen, but nobody's live in there but me (you guys must be bats or owls at least and hang out in the middle of the night). I'll keep trying!

Susan
Alan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

Post by Alan »

Around 9pm Pacific time or soon after you should find me there and perhaps we can iron out the mIRC problem.