Hi! Catching up...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
susnfx
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Hi! Catching up...

Post by susnfx »

Haven't been Chiff-and-Fippling in a long time! This morning I was listening to some CDs I hadn't heard in awhile and it got me thinking about fun old days on C&F and wondering about folks like Dale, Jack, Az, Moon, Alan, Weeks, all the old (and not so old) gang in the chat room (btw, Alan, I lost my copy of that little post-it marriage certificate and Bloo is insisting it never happened or, if it did, that he was drunk--do you keep copies of things like that in your files?? He simply can't keep up with my conjugal demands and wants out, I think.). How is everybody?!?

Haven't picked up a whistle in forever (I have a cat who strongly and loudly objects--even if I sound great!), but still listening to ITM and loving it. I keep in touch with a few of the people I met on C&F.

Busy with artwork over the last few years (I'm vice president of the Intermountain Society of Artists--salute when you say that!) and my little garden. Have a couple of blogs going mostly for family members but also for anybody else who is interested at all: http://susnfx.blogspot.com (art) and http://susnfxgarden.blogspot.com (garden, duh). I've put quite a bit on the garden site so you have to zip through the older posts to get to the beginning and see what I started with.

Anyway, greetings to all my old friends!

Susan
emmline
antispam: No

Re: Hi! Catching up...

Post by emmline »

Hi Susan!
I took a quick peek at your garden blog--the finch with conjunctivitis is heartbreaking. For the first time ever, I've established a bird-feeding zone just out the window behind my kitchen, and house finches seem the most apt to come as a family group, with parents helping the young ones. (have observed a good bit of this nurturing behavior with the cardinals as well.)
It's been a great delight.
BigDavy

Post by BigDavy »

Hi Susan

Good to see you are in the land of the living and enjoying yourself.

Get the cat earplugs and play some tunes. :twisted:

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
Alan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

Post by Alan »

Hi, Susan! I have been wondering where you were.

The chat group still meets but sometimes is a bit sparse.

I will see if I can find a scan of that Post-It. We can't let Bloo get away with anything, can we?
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Howdy Susan! Good to "see" you again. :)
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Hey, stranger. :)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Hey Emm - I could spend hours on my patio, camera on my lap and glass of wine in hand, watching the birds at the feeders. The little blind finch was always in the company of her dad who continued to feed her (even though the other babies were long gone). She could get thistle seed out of the feeder and find her way to the birdbath for water, but he was always near and fed her himself from time to time. It was really sweet.

Hi Davy! You still chatting?

Alan, my friend! How's the "landlady?" ;)

Nice to see you folks...(Nano, I went to get my hair cut one day and took a seat in the waiting area by a very little boy who was waiting for his mom. I said something brilliant to him like "Are you waiting for your mom?" He just looked at me. Finally I said, "You're probably not supposed to talk to strangers, huh?" He looked at me with HUGE eyes and said, "Are you a stranger?!?" Parents, teach your kids what a stranger is.)

I'll try to get around more often and make sure everything's going smoothly --although I've always found that not so smoothly is a lot more interesting!

Susan
Alan
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

Post by Alan »

susnfx wrote: Alan, my friend! How's the "landlady?" ;)
She is quite dead I am afraid.

I'm doing slightly better than that though. :)
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

Well it's been forever since I've been here. Couldn't recall my password even.

Hi Susan, good to hear from you. Still a few of us left in the chatroom, why not drop in sometime. Would love to see you.
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Good heavens, Alan--sorry to hear that! Now what'll I tease you about?? Well, that tutu thing is always good for a laugh. Which reminds me of Captain Lark!

Moon, I long ago forgot how to get in to the chatroom--I lost the icon that used to take me right there, so if anybody can remind me, I'll try again!

Susan
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

susnfx wrote:(Nano, I went to get my hair cut one day and took a seat in the waiting area by a very little boy who was waiting for his mom. I said something brilliant to him like "Are you waiting for your mom?" He just looked at me. Finally I said, "You're probably not supposed to talk to strangers, huh?" He looked at me with HUGE eyes and said, "Are you a stranger?!?" Parents, teach your kids what a stranger is.)
I have to say I was very confused by this story. I actually said, "Huh??" Then I remembered my greeting to you. It helped, a little. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Denny

Post by Denny »

don't be tryin' ta make being strange into a contest....
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Denny wrote:don't be tryin' ta make being strange into a contest....
Contest? We're just having a conference of strange. If you can keep up, feel free to join in. :wink:
Denny

Post by Denny »

Nanohedron wrote:If you can keep up
oh, well if it isn't competitive then :tomato:
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Sorry to confuse you, Nano. I admit to having something of a ping-pong brain--one word can set it off in all directions!
Susan