My work is done

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

My work is done

Post by chas »

I went from the living room into the kitchen this afternoon, and there's my 8-year-old singing along with Lamb Lies Down on Broadway on her iPod. It doesn't get any better than that.

For some time her favorite song has been White Mountain, more or less the title cut from Genesis's second album, Trespass, about the king of the wolves and usurper. She's been getting into a lot of the Gabriel-era stuff lately, though. I knew that, given her parents, she'd have good taste in music, but I wasn't expecting anything this good, this young.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: My work is done

Post by mutepointe »

Good for you. The 4 year old my wife babysits is fond of singing Led Zepplin's Immigant. He got this from his Father. My wife thought this would be a child who would need to know when and how to say, "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez." He still wants to know why.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

I say that quite often and no one ever has a clue why.
Cotelette d'Agneau
kkrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

chas wrote:I went from the living room into the kitchen this afternoon, and there's my 8-year-old singing along with Lamb Lies Down on Broadway on her iPod. It doesn't get any better than that.

For some time her favorite song has been White Mountain, more or less the title cut from Genesis's second album, Trespass, about the king of the wolves and usurper. She's been getting into a lot of the Gabriel-era stuff lately, though. I knew that, given her parents, she'd have good taste in music, but I wasn't expecting anything this good, this young.
Let us know when she's memorized all the words from "Supper's Ready"
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

Musical considerations aside: the aptitude with the electronics is what causes me to wonder how it will all turn out.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Lambchop wrote:I say that quite often and no one ever has a clue why.

Do you leave them a silver bullet, too?
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

chas wrote:I went from the living room into the kitchen this afternoon, and there's my 8-year-old singing along with Lamb Lies Down on Broadway on her iPod. It doesn't get any better than that.
When my oldest was in first grade, everyone in the class was asked to sing their favorite song. Mimi's choice was the Talking Head's "Psycho Killer." Got a call from the school psychologist on that one... When Rachel was about the same age she insisted on listening to Kapelye's "Future and Past" album about a dozen times a day. She could do a splendid rendition of "Gut Purim, Yidn." One of my proudest moments was when she asked, "Why does all the stuff on the radio sound the same?" :D
I'm asking you because you're an educated sort of swine. John LeCarre
Innocent Bystander

MikeS wrote: When my oldest was in first grade, everyone in the class was asked to sing their favorite song. Mimi's choice was the Talking Head's "Psycho Killer." Got a call from the school psychologist on that one...
My kids don't do the music, sad to say. But when my son was six years old, we got a call from the school asking why he was drawing pictures of a purple triangle and telling people it was "a tentacle". His favourite game was "Day of the Tentacle".
Nailed that sucker, too. I don't think the school ever really understood that one.

Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Innocent Bystander wrote:

No. Should I? :-?
Cotelette d'Agneau
Denny

Post by Denny »

Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

UTube wrote:An error occurred; please try again some day.
Does Lyle Lovett have silver bullets? Leaves them around as a little laigniappe?
Cotelette d'Agneau
chas

Post by chas »

MikeS wrote:
When my oldest was in first grade, everyone in the class was asked to sing their favorite song. Mimi's choice was the Talking Head's "Psycho Killer." Got a call from the school psychologist on that one...
LOL! Okay, my work's not quite done. ;)

When I was in high school, a bunch of us were into Frank Zappa. I had a niece who was about 4 or 5 who was visiting. One of my aunts was talking to her about songs, and says "Do you know 'The Muffin Man'?" And I'm wondering how my aunt knows the song and imagining my little niece saying "The Muffin Man is seated at the table in the laboratory of the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen. . ."
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Lambchop wrote:
UTube wrote:An error occurred; please try again some day.
Does Lyle Lovett have silver bullets? Leaves them around as a little laigniappe?
nope, he's from Texas :really:
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
Innocent Bystander

Lambchop wrote:
Innocent Bystander wrote:

No. Should I? :-?
Yes! De rigeur, ma cherie! No silver bullet, you might as well hand in your black domino mask. :wink:
chas

Post by chas »

kkrell wrote:

Let us know when she's memorized all the words from "Supper's Ready"
Funny you should mention that. It's not "Supper's Ready", but she's now sitting next to me singing along with Steeleye Span's "Montrose." It's not only 15 minutes worth of mostly vocals, we've been on the net looking up Montrose, the battles, and the civil wars.

It doesn't get any better.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods