'People's History' author Howard Zinn dies at 87

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Denny
antispam: No

'People's History' author Howard Zinn dies at 87

Post by Denny »

Howard Zinn, an author, teacher and political activist whose leftist "A People's History of the United States" became a million-selling alternative to mainstream texts and a favorite of such celebrities as Bruce Springsteen and Ben Affleck, died Wednesday. He was 87.

Zinn died of a heart attack in Santa Monica, Calif., daughter Myla Kabat-Zinn said. The historian was a resident of Auburndale, Mass.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100128/ap_ ... xlc2hpc3Rv
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
crookedtune
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: 'People's History' author Howard Zinn dies at 87

Post by crookedtune »

He was my American History professor at Boston University --- 1971, my freshman year. A good and humble guy.
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
Cork

Re: 'People's History' author Howard Zinn dies at 87

Post by Cork »

In a recent PM Cork wrote:Yes, I was aware that Howard Zinn was an older fellow, his having flown on bombing missions in Europe during WW II, and it is sad to hear that he is no longer with us. On the radio over the years I have heard him speak numerous times. His perspective was refreshing, and I believe he will be missed by many.
Edit: To those who might not be familiar with Howard Zinn, it has been said time and again that some of the staunchest advocates against war are themselves veterans of war, and Howard Zinn was a classic example of just that, and then some.