Post Your Predictions for 2010

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post Your Predictions for 2010

Post by mutepointe »

Here's your big chance to post your predictions for 2010 so that later on, when your predictions come true, you can pull your post up and say, "I told you so!" What greater joy is there in life than to be right? In the spirit of the Pub, no political or religious predictions please.

1. Wireless earbuds will become affordable to me. (Less than $20.)
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
emmline
antispam: No

Re: Post Your Predictions for 2010

Post by emmline »

Apple will release OS X, version 10.7, Kodkod, finally giving Windows a crack at winning back the intelligentsia.
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

At some point I'm going to reacquaint myself with e-Bay and start sharply reducing my (aluminum) whistle collection.

I'll finally get broadband and replace my nine year old desktop and eight year old laptop.
Its Winter - Gotta learn to play the blues
kkrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

I predict the dollar will have less purchasing power.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

The Greater London Council will apply to the Olympics Commission to defer the 2012 Olympics to 2013 as "there is a possibility that facilities will not be in place". Olympics Commission refuses. British Government hastily provides a £5 billion loan to the Greater London Council. Within days this money disappears without trace, and without impact on the "facilities". Olympic Commission threatens that the 2012 Olympics will take place in Paris after all. Situation unresolved at end of 2010.

Saudi Arabia enters the Afghanistan conflict. No men provided, only money. Pakistan collapses and the country divided between Afghanistan and India. Both USA and Britain vow to withdraw troops at a future date.

Esso and Shell declare war on Benin. USA and UK remain "neutral".

Paris Hilton admits to being pregnant and gives birth to a Chihuahua.

Vanuatu and Diego Garcia are both below sea-level. Vanuatu is evacuated. US military commands forces in Diego Garcia to "bale water".
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
chris_coreline
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by chris_coreline »

in accordence with an age old prophacey the alignment of the stars coupled with unusal and unprecidented political occurences make it suddenly necissary to decalre me king of the world.

conflict will end by the world-government's new policy of 'drawing adorable smiley faces on everything'

the fundimental charter of human rights will be expanded to include the freedom to 'hum incohearently to onesself'.

the worlds national anthem will be set to 'Gold' by Spandau Ballet.
dwest

Post by dwest »

Disaster here, disaster there, disaster everywhere, and that's the optimistic view.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

emmline wrote:Apple will release OS X, version 10.7, Kodkod. . .
What kind of cat is a Kodkod? I thought 10.7 was going to be called Puddy Tat, or possibly Domestic Short Hair, with our new 9-month-old gray puddy with the golden eyes as the emblem.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

A report of a Thunderbird will make the news.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
MusicalADD

Post by MusicalADD »

Major problems with online security -- encryption being broken, identity theft, secure connections being shown to be not so secure after all -- will happen so much that people will have major doubts about online shopping and online banking.

The price of gasoline will go way back up. (Of course I make that prediction on an ongoing basis and it's inevitable that it will happen eventually...)

Apple will release a tablet computer, and an iPod Touch with an integrated camera similar to the more recent iPhones.

A precocious starlet being groomed by Disney will have racy photos leaked to the net.

All right, now I'm just stating the obvious, so I'll stop.
chrisoff
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by chrisoff »

I predict I'll be very hungover on the 1st day of the year.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

kkrell wrote:I predict the dollar will have less purchasing power.
... than?

the Pound?
the Euro?
the Yen?
the Peso?
a rock?

I predict that the Doctor will beat the Master.
And then regenerate.
emmline

Post by emmline »

chas wrote:
emmline wrote:Apple will release OS X, version 10.7, Kodkod. . .
What kind of cat is a Kodkod? I thought 10.7 was going to be called Puddy Tat, or possibly Domestic Short Hair, with our new 9-month-old gray puddy with the golden eyes as the emblem.
wiki wrote:The Kodkod (Leopardus guigna), alternatively spelled Codcod and also known as the Guiña, is the smallest cat in the Americas.[3] It is found only in Central and South Chile and Argentina, in the Andes Mountains.[3] Little is known about this species, because it is extremely rare and very elusive.
dwest

Post by dwest »

I believe that every bird species I see on the Jan. 1st will be a new species for the year! I also predict I will acquire my first wood whistle, I'm willing to take bids off line.
A-Musing

Post by A-Musing »

Cheesy American Pop Culture will infect the planet faster than the various violent fundamentalisms.

Thus saving the world for consumerism. (whew)

Paris Hilton and her "baby" will rule the new world order...from atop a hill, high above the flood.

The proliferation of electronic gadgets will reach the point of covering every human body, like a veneer...and we'll experience Total Communication. It will resemble what pre-electronos would have called a "truly life-like blank."

Pharma and the Devices will herald an era of complete pleasure.

Hangovers? A distant memory!
You-Me-Them-Us-IT. Anything Else?