Invitation to my gig in San Fran this weekend

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
LimuHead
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Invitation to my gig in San Fran this weekend

Post by LimuHead »

Aloha Chiff & Fipplers,

I'll be playing this Friday, October 2nd in San Francisco at the Sundance Kitchen in Japan town. I start at 8 and will go 'til 11. It's just me and my 8 string Kamaka - playing and singing. There's usually a hula dancer or two. It's always fun.

If you're looking for something to do, come out and enjoy some good Hawaiian music and food at the Sundance Kitchen.

Please say hi to me when you get there!

Mahalo,

Aldon Sanders
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Invitation to my gig in San Fran this weekend

Post by brewerpaul »

Hey, another Uker! Are you on UU (the Chiff and Fipple of Ukuleledom)?
I'm a Uke newbie, playing a Lanikai tenor. Loads of fun, it is.
Got any YouTube videos of your playing out there?
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

Wish I could be there, Aldon, but I'm going to be at the UICC, at the Irish Immersion Weekend. Break a leg!

We should have another Bay Area gathering sometime soon.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
LimuHead
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

No. Sorry, no videos. I do have an ukulele album up at CD Baby though. (Link is in my signature.)

What kind of music do you play on uke?
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
LimuHead

Post by LimuHead »

Redwolf wrote:Wish I could be there, Aldon, but I'm going to be at the UICC, at the Irish Immersion Weekend. Break a leg!

We should have another Bay Area gathering sometime soon.

Redwolf
Thanks! Have fun at your immersion thing!

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing: When's the next gathering?
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

LimuHead wrote:No. Sorry, no videos. I do have an ukulele album up at CD Baby though. (Link is in my signature.)

What kind of music do you play on uke?
So far, I'm just sort of noodling around with it. I used to play a lot of guitar back in the Simon and Garfunkel days, so I play a lot of stuff from those times. I also get a kick out of playing heavier rock stuff like Tull's Locomotive Breath, the Who's Pinball Wizard etc to see how they sound all plinky :D
A little blues, some Irish tunes, Beatles, -- whatever comes to mind.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Wish I could be there - you're always a lot of fun. Especially when you start translating Hula lyrics on the fly :lol:

Maybe we should talk about another SF Bay area gathering. Tony and I both decided to let it ride until someone brought the idea up :twisted:
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

It would be nice to have another. All of us appreciate the both of you opening your homes to it....If my place had a bigger common area, I would make the offer.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

The Weekenders wrote:It would be nice to have another. All of us appreciate the both of you opening your homes to it....If my place had a bigger common area, I would make the offer.
Actually, my daughter was just asking me the other day "when is there going to be another C&F gathering?" :lol:

If someone else is willing to host a fall/winter one, I'd be willing to host one in the spring. I can't at this time of year because I'm crazy getting Christmas stuff ready, so my house looks like a 747 landed on it, and will until sometime after Christmas. But I'd love to attend one, if Tony or Dana is able to host.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!