The Evolution of Cats

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: The Evolution of Cats

Post by Nanohedron »

herbivore12 wrote:I prefer to think that my cat has perceived something special about me and considers me worthy of her company, rather than that she's tolerating my attention in return for food and rent. I'd feel so used.

And still I love her . . .
Mine needs - so it would appear - to be around me most of the time. Always taggin' along, always a pal, always hangin' out together. I can't factor "disdainful tolerance" into that behavior.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
herbivore12
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by herbivore12 »

Nanohedron wrote:
herbivore12 wrote:I prefer to think that my cat has perceived something special about me and considers me worthy of her company, rather than that she's tolerating my attention in return for food and rent. I'd feel so used.

And still I love her . . .
Mine needs - so it would appear - to be around me most of the time. Always taggin' along, always a pal, always hangin' out together. I can't factor "disdainful tolerance" into that behavior.
Yeah, me neither. Most of the time.

She has her moments . . .
cowtime
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by cowtime »

That's terrible Walden...and your mother saw it all...yeah, that's just terrible.
I'm sorry.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Infernaltootler

Post by Infernaltootler »

Our ancestors were not very different to us. They were just as intelligent and appreciated beauty, security and so on. I don't see any reason why they would not enjoy having cats around as much as we do, particularly children.

As a kid growing up on a farm it was my favourite hobby to find a nest of feral kittens and try and tame one, then convince my parents it should come into the house.

The best thing about cats is that they are low maintenance so the impact on a community might have leaning more towards the beneficial than not.
Finally feel like I'm getting somewhere. It's only taken 6 years.
Infernaltootler

Post by Infernaltootler »

Walden wrote:My cat died a few hours ago. She was with my mother, and they were crossing the street. My mother stopped for an oncoming car and the cat didn't, and got run over. I miss that cat.
Walden, I'm so sorry. You poor mum will need a lot of support if she was very fond of the cat. When ours got run over outside our house I had post traumatic stress syndrome afterwards because it was so horrific, although I couldn't actually tell anyone this because it sounds so stupid.
Finally feel like I'm getting somewhere. It's only taken 6 years.