Yeah!! I got a B!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
pipersgrip
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Yeah!! I got a B!!

Post by pipersgrip »

Math is my worst subject, and I did not know if I was going to pass it or not this semester. I took my exams yesterday, and I have a B in the class. I am so thrilled. I just have one more math class now! :D
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Yeah!! I got a B!!

Post by izzarina »

Awesome, WC!!! :party:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Congratulations! That's really awesome!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Cork

Post by Cork »

The Whistle Collector wrote:Math is my worst subject, and I did not know if I was going to pass it or not this semester. I took my exams yesterday, and I have a B in the class. I am so thrilled. I just have one more math class now! :D
Congrats! And, now that you know the procedure, just remember to pay attention to every little detail of your next math class, and you'll do just fine.

Yeah, that's what it takes to pass a math class.

Good luck!
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Good for you. I celebrated a "D" in a class once.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Congratulations!

One of my friends is currently working for a Secondary School Maths qualification, at age forty. This is so she can get a job. She has the first part of it. She might do the second part in September. She is coming around to the idea the Maths is useful, and not just some nasty puzzle intended to confuse people.

Good for you!
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
pipersgrip

Post by pipersgrip »

Thanks guys! Now hopefully I can get a job as a substitute teacher to get my foot in the door while I finish school.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Great News! Good on ye!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
HDSarah

Post by HDSarah »

Congratulations on your success! I'm a math teacher myself, and I'm willing to bet YOUR teacher is really pleased. :)
The Whistle Collector wrote:Now hopefully I can get a job as a substitute teacher to get my foot in the door while I finish school.
If you are teaching, especially at the elementary school level, please do all of American society a favor and NEVER be negative about math in front of your students. Encourage them to THINK, always! As a culture we suffer from the myth that mathematical ability is a gift that people are born with, instead of focusing on what we can achieve with hard work. Working with adults, I also see a lot of people who have a warped sense of what math IS: they've been conditioned in school to think that math is just a collection of bizarre plug-and-chug procedures and that thinking is neither required nor useful. They say things like "I can do everything except the word problems." :boggle: It's very hard to teach them to progress to problems that require several steps, and that require the solver to rummage in his/her mental toolbox and take out the tools that will be useful. They really resist the idea that they are supposed to THINK.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now. I just finished grading finals and my nerves are a bit raw.
ICE JAM: "dam" good music that won't leave you cold. Check out our CD at http://cdbaby.com/cd/icejam
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Looks like someone needs a beer.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
pipersgrip

Post by pipersgrip »

HDSarah wrote:Congratulations on your success! I'm a math teacher myself, and I'm willing to bet YOUR teacher is really pleased. :)
The Whistle Collector wrote:Now hopefully I can get a job as a substitute teacher to get my foot in the door while I finish school.
If you are teaching, especially at the elementary school level, please do all of American society a favor and NEVER be negative about math in front of your students. Encourage them to THINK, always! As a culture we suffer from the myth that mathematical ability is a gift that people are born with, instead of focusing on what we can achieve with hard work. Working with adults, I also see a lot of people who have a warped sense of what math IS: they've been conditioned in school to think that math is just a collection of bizarre plug-and-chug procedures and that thinking is neither required nor useful. They say things like "I can do everything except the word problems." :boggle: It's very hard to teach them to progress to problems that require several steps, and that require the solver to rummage in his/her mental toolbox and take out the tools that will be useful. They really resist the idea that they are supposed to THINK.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now. I just finished grading finals and my nerves are a bit raw.
I actually like math, I am just bad at it. But don't worry, I would never discourage anyone from learning any subject. :thumbsup:
Cork

Post by Cork »

The Whistle Collector wrote:...I actually like math, I am just bad at it...
Suggestions:

Look forward to each of your math classes, anticipate them, and when you're there pay close attention and take good notes.

And then, do all of your homework, especially including any problem solving. That's key.

As you by now know, math is not a philosophy course, and discipline is your best friend.

Hang in there!