What are you vacation plans and what is your dream vacation?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

What are you vacation plans and what is your dream vacation?

Post by mutepointe »

The other thread prompted this topic.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
dwest

Re: What are you vacation plans and what is your dream vacation?

Post by dwest »

Floating, by canoe, either the Flambeau, St. Croix, Chippewa, the Restigouche Rivers. It'll never happen, but hope springs eternal. I miss my black flies :puppyeyes:
BigDavy

Post by BigDavy »

My usual destination Fiddlers Green Festival

Dream - to visit Angkor Wat, the Pyramids, the South Indian temple complexes and the Mayan ruins.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Ideal vacation: road trip with one or two very (I mean very) close friends. No particular destination, no itinerary, just go until we run out of money. I might be able to pull this off this summer. It's kind of a life dream of mine, and I've finally got friends who are behind the idea. We'll see.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
CHasR
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by CHasR »

Dreams: South of France from May until September.
Reality: Knobel's in Elysburg PA.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

CHasR wrote:Reality: Knobel's in Elysburg PA.
Is Knobel's a bar? I hope it is.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

I haven't got a dream vacation any more. Maybe I've already done it, or maybe I've decided that the who is more important to me than the where.

Our next proper vacation is in June/July and we are going to Oregon, but at the end of this month there will be a mini-vacation, as my brother is visiting from Texas for a few days and we're going to see Stonehenge and some of the Dorset countryside.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

avanutria wrote:I haven't got a dream vacation any more. Maybe I've already done it, or maybe I've decided that the who is more important to me than the where.
Exactly....I've already taken my "dream" vacation. What made it the best thing ever was the people we took the vacation with. And I would do it again, with the same people. It was really that awesome :)

I think if I could take a vacation this year, it would be in May to London. But again, it's more about people, than location. Although the location is pretty awesome too ;)

As for realistic type stuff (because I'm not going to go to London in May, lol), I think we're going "down the shore" (aka: the shore in New Jersey) for my niece's wedding in July.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
dwest

Post by dwest »

izzarina wrote: As for realistic type stuff (because I'm not going to go to London in May, lol), I think we're going "down the shore" (aka: the shore in New Jersey) for my niece's wedding in July.
Good rivers in the Barrens.
CHasR

Post by CHasR »

Congratulations wrote:
CHasR wrote:Reality: Knobel's in Elysburg PA.
Is Knobel's a bar? I hope it is.
o you sweet-talker, you...

cant get that lucky. :really:
http://www.knoebels.com

pssst: Izzarina...it's "dowwnashawr"

state slogan suggestion:
"NewJersey: bogs, speed traps, and you!" :D
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

CHasR wrote: pssst: Izzarina...it's "dowwnashawr"
Well, I know that! I lived in South Jersey for a while...I still drink "wudder" from time to time. When I'm on the phone with my dad, I slip right back into it, which is funny. He lives north of Philly, right across the border from Trenton (I was born in Trenton...but don't tell anyone. It's not one of those things you bring up in polite conversation ;) ).

And now I have to git my cawfee, which I left awn the counter. ;)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
emmline

Post by emmline »

CHasR wrote:
pssst: Izzarina...it's "dowwnashawr"
No, no, no. 'Round here, it's downey-ayshun. Not that I say that. Ahem.

Dream vacation? Aargh.
I think for now it's to putter around Europe by Eurail pass or go to Japan. Would need to research best modes of travel for that option. Closer and possibly more realistic options, given my travel companion(s) would be the one where we drive up the Maine Coast and stay in a variety of B&Bs, or the one where we finally visit some of the mountainous areas of Western Canada.
When kid #4 starts college (or starts something where he's finally, if only briefly, out of my purview,) we will do something.
Last edited by emmline on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
dwest

Post by dwest »

CHasR wrote: state slogan suggestion:
"NewJersey: bogs, speed traps, and you!" :D
Years ago I bought my mother a glass making class at Wheaton Village in New Jersey. We drove up and picked her up at the airport in Philly, drove her to Wheaton Village where she stayed and we went camping/canoeing in the Barrens, great bogs, spongs, pitcherplants, sheepkill, blueberries, cranberries, and Atlantic Cedar forests. All my mother got was a paperweight and a purple glass vase, all of which she made herself. Jersey has some very neat places.
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

Real vacation this year: since my husband doesn't like closing the bookstore for more than a week at a time, we are taking one week the end of July and going tent camping at Moran State Park in the San Juan Islands (that's in Washington state). Just the two of us, our daughter has a summer job and it's a bother bringing the dog, so she gets to take care of the dog and the house.

Dream vacations: Like Congrats, I'd love to throw a suitcase in the car and have a full tank of gas and just drive, stopping at anyplace that seems interesting for as long as I feel like it.

And I'd love to go to Great Britian, and Hawaii, and Australia, and New Zealand. After that, Germany, France, maybe see the pyramids.
Charlene
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

Going to the south of Italy in June (to the heel of the boot). We'll be staying in a trullo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trullo) in the middle of the countryside. It's going to be awesome.

One week of peace, sunshine and great food with my girlfriend. That's pretty much my ideal holiday.

Less immediate dream holidays would probably involve not very populated islands, expensive hotels, bright blue sea, lots of lying around with cold alcoholic drinks in hand and shellfish on my plate.

I'd also really like to do some kind of road trip with a difference. All my friends dream of travelling round Australia, India and other typical gap year backpacker locations. I've never had that ambition but I saw an advert for a charity bike round across Cuba and thought that would be all kinds of awesome. We also came very close to booking a cycling holiday to the Azores this year, which if the right deal came up in the future would also be great.

Cycling round some vineyards in France too, I'd love to do that.