iPhone question.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

iPhone question.

Post by Dale »

My cell phone, provided to me for a fee from the local AT&T people, is about to expire. I'm actually considering going iPhone, which I know requires AT&T service, which I have. My contract is up, I think, in January.

Suppose I want to acquire an iPhone this month or next? Is supply and demand such that I can walk into a store and walk out with one? There's an Apple store in my neighborhood and also, of course, AT&T places.
fearfaoin
antispam: No

Re: iPhone question.

Post by fearfaoin »

Dale wrote:Suppose I want to acquire an iPhone this month or next? Is supply and demand such that I can walk into a store and walk out with one? There's an Apple store in my neighborhood and also, of course, AT&T places.
I don't see why not. There isn't a new one this Xmas,
so no one's waiting in line or anything. Shouldn't be a
run on the market or anything.
herbivore12

Post by herbivore12 »

If you buy the phone online at the Apple website, you have the option of choosing the date and time of your pickup at an Apple store, so you can be assured of there being one reserved for you. You may even be able to arrange for same-day pickup, I dunno.

(I'm waiting for my Sprint contract to expire early next year and will then either make the switch to the iPhone, or, if Android is proving itself to be a good platform and there are nicer-quality versions of the phone itself available, the Google phone. It's lots of fun to play with my friends' iPhones, though; lots of neat apps out there.)
fel bautista
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

You can walk into an Apple store and get an iPhone fairly quickly , at least in LA.LA. land. Just don't do what I did and think that you can save time by sigining up for AT&T ahead of time and then do a transfer. I did that and "used the new phone discount" up on a razor. I essentially had to eat the cost of the phone. If you are an AT&T customer already, just make sure that yuo are eligable for the new phone.

AND YOU"LL LOVE THE iPHONE.
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

FYI, rumor has it a new, cheaper model with less storage space is coming out soon. So if you don't think you'll use 8/16GB of music or video, you may want to wait a few weeks and see what comes out.

Personally I load up my iPhone with Doctor Who videos for watching while in the gym, so I like having the space, but not everyone does.

Edit:

looks like the 4GB phone was a myth.
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx