C&F server problems?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Dangit. Gettin' sluggish and error-ridden again. All is not fixed.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by missy »

I don't want to talk about slow servers.

I just spent the day from hell with slow servers. I open my email to at least 20 from Asia and Europe complaining of slow servers. If any of our users tried to do anything that had to dig into the database - searches, receipts, dispenses - it either took forever, gave an error, and eventually all four servers went down.

I am not permitted to contact HP. I have to contact IDS, who then has to put in a critical ticket to HP. And the ticket they originally submitted when the servers were intermitantly getting slow (on Wed) was put in as a "minor" which meant a 2 week turn around. I told IDS to change it to a "critical" which meant 4 hours.

Things finally got back to normal about 1pm. But, of course, we still don't know WHY the servers were having issues.
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
djm

Post by djm »

Whew! Man, what a week I've had. I just finished beta testing a new database maintenance routine I have been writing for the past few months that is guaranteed to keep our service personnel employed for many years to come. I can just hear those trouble tickets come screaming down the line now.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Cork

Post by Cork »

Well, I put my tin foil hat on, and suddenly...

;-)
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Hmm. It's become sort of a rollcoaster ride. One moment: land o' beauty, and the next: SERVER ERROR. Grr.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

It has taken me about 10 tries to get on here tonight. None of the threads are marked as read or not and now let's see if this post even goes through.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Cork

Post by Cork »

cowtime wrote:It has taken me about 10 tries to get on here tonight. None of the threads are marked as read or not and now let's see if this post even goes through.
Congratulations, cowtime, you made it!

I think Nano had it about right, in that lately the C&F experience could be something of a roller-coaster.

;-)
rich
i see what you did there

Post by rich »

Jack wrote:I miss Rich.
Aww. :oops:

I'm still here, and have some plans but probably no time to execute them for a few days, at least. See here, which admittedly doesn't say anything I didn't just say here! :-)