Project Runway

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Project Runway

Post by mutepointe »

Does anyone anywhere besides my wife & I watch this show?
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

We love it! We've been watching since the very first episode of season 1!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Us too. My brother says that Austin Scarlett is so gay, even he'd slap him. We think leather lady needs to be auf viedersen'd already.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Dale
The Landlord

Re: Project Runway

Post by Dale »

mutepointe wrote:Does anyone anywhere besides my wife & I watch this show?
No. No one besides you, your wife, and Redwolf watch this show. Thanks.
chas

Post by chas »

We got hooked last year. My wife and (7-year-old) daughter both design clothes. Daughter made three outfits for her stuffed yeast this morning. All formal wear; she thought he was underdressed at the wedding we went to a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not at all thrilled with this year's troupe of contestants, but maybe they'll surprise us.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

mutepointe wrote: We think leather lady needs to be auf viedersen'd already.
We're with you on that one. All she does is b*tch about how "this isn't my style" and "I want to work with leather." So far her stuff is BOOOOOR-ing.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

chas wrote:Daughter made three outfits for her stuffed yeast this morning. All formal wear; she thought he was underdressed at the wedding we went to a couple of weeks ago.
What the devil is a stuffed YEAST? And why would you want to take it to a wedding? :-?

And, no, I have never watched this show. Probably a good thing if it inspires people to dress up a fungus.
Cotelette d'Agneau
emmline

Post by emmline »

Lambchop wrote: What the devil is a stuffed YEAST? And why would you want to take it to a wedding? :-?
And what happens when it's underdressed? Does it get frothy and pick a fight with the stuffed baking soda? Throw vinegar?
chas

Post by chas »

Lambchop wrote:
chas wrote:Daughter made three outfits for her stuffed yeast this morning. All formal wear; she thought he was underdressed at the wedding we went to a couple of weeks ago.
What the devil is a stuffed YEAST? And why would you want to take it to a wedding? :-?
I didn't take Yeastie to the wedding, the ring bearer took her to the wedding. Well, technically, I was driving, and I held her during the ceremony, so maybe I did take her. It's a her today, I think it was a he then. I'm SO not with it when it comes to those things.

As to what's a stuffed yeast, have a look at http://www.giantmicrobes.com/ . I can't remember, but I think it's about a 10,000x scale model, complete with five buds. I'm a homebrewer and breadmaker, so a friend gave this to me a couple of years ago, and it's the stuffed animal of choice for the daughter right now.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Jeferson
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jeferson »

Thanks to Chas, now anyone who want to give someone Gonorrhea as a gift knows exactly how to go about it.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Well, I see! It's a yeast, by golly! I'm glad it's socially responsible Saccharomyces and not a Candida. (I was kind of thinking that would be icky.)

Is, umm, your daughter a pretty good designer, then? Going for a career in fashions? How's she feel about design for other kinds of . . . stuffed . . . animals?
Cotelette d'Agneau
chas

Post by chas »

Lambchop wrote:Well, I see! It's a yeast, by golly! I'm glad it's socially responsible Saccharomyces and not a Candida. (I was kind of thinking that would be icky.)

Is, umm, your daughter a pretty good designer, then? Going for a career in fashions? How's she feel about design for other kinds of . . . stuffed . . . animals?
I dunno, I don't have much eye for the stuff (I thought the judges got both the top and bottom wrong this week). She's actually designed two dresses for herself. Pretty simple, but functional, and my wife has to draw up the patterns. She also designed a wooden wagon for Yeast today that I'll make when they're down at grandma's this week.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Oooooh, and you're RIGHT THERE near G-Street Fabrics in Rockville. I'm sitting here suffering pangs of jealousy!

G-Street was the only thing I regretted having left when I moved away from there. It's irreplaceable.
Cotelette d'Agneau
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

OMG I love Project Runway.

They Auf'd Wesley! :( He was the cute one. At least we got a decent shot of him ironing with his shirt off before he went.
Jack

Post by Jack »

I've never heard of it, but I just googled it and one of the men looks like Céline Dion.