keeping to-do lists, planners, etc

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by missy »

I'm currently doing "remote" work - I'm at one site 4 mornings a week, another 4 afternoons a week (they are across the street from each other) and at my "desk" one day a week.

So I need to pretty much have everything on THIS computer or be able to carry with me (that includes a printer, barcode scanner and base..... you get the idea).

That's why I use Outlook heavily. I have two email accounts on it - my personal work one, and a ion account that 3 of us can open. I also use the "notes" portion to keep track of things. In the ion account, I have emails flagged by red (IDS is working on) yellow (customer needs to respond) and blue (I need to do something).

I also have my personal home email (web based) - and if it's something I really need to keep track of, will forward to my work one so it gets on Outlook.

We have a Jira site that we communicate with IDS on issues.

I can't have a lot of actual paper - I'd never keep it straight.
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Jack

Post by Jack »

mutepointe wrote:Either that or stick your hand upside a puppet.

Moi? I am too far fragile to do paperwork.

Kermit? KERMIT!!
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

I've been using a palm pilot of various models for years now to juggle categories of todo lists. So far it's worked out very well for me, I like the ability to capture a thought quickly before I forget it. Several friend's have recommended Dave Allen's <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_Th ... e">Getting Things Done</a> so I picked up the book and am going to read it next.

Sadly my Treo 650 is getting long in the tooth and is starting to fall apart and is due to be replaced. Palm still hasn't released their long promised new OS so I'm considering getting an iPhone once I can get one without standing in line.
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
fearfaoin
antispam: No

Post by fearfaoin »

I have wanted for years to start being organized with to-do lists and the
like, but for the life of me, I just can't ever get started. I carried a Palm Pilot
around for a year or two, and never created one to-do list. I don't know how
I can get it jump-started.
Jack

Post by Jack »

fearfaoin wrote:I have wanted for years to start being organized with to-do lists and the
like, but for the life of me, I just can't ever get started. I carried a Palm Pilot
around for a year or two, and never created one to-do list. I don't know how
I can get it jump-started.
I know how. First, you have to accept that you are in charge of your own life and your own circumstances. The most basic choice you have is the choice to live or to die--all other choices you make depend upon your having chosen to continue to live; you cannot choose anything else if you have not chosen to be alive.

Then, you have to choose to make and keep a to-do-list, right now, in the present moment, even if it is only two or three items long. As soon as you're done reading or replying to this post, grab a writing instrument and make a list. You can choose to do that or not to do that, but it is your choice and you live with the consequences of doing so or not doing so.