Zombie update

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

beowulf573 wrote:Hmmm, brains. I love Zombies. I met Tom Savini in the 80's and got him to sign my Day of the Dead poster. I have seen the latest Romero movie but it's on my list.

The Max Brooks books are on my "look for at 1/2 price books" list because I'm cheap and spend too much on books as it is. There's a movie in the works with a script by J. Michael Straczynski of Babylon 5 fame.

David Wellington has writter a trilogy of zombie novels that you can read on his website, http://www.brokentype.com/planet/ or you can buy them in a bookstore near you.
I just bought the Wellington books but I haven't opened them yet. I'm thinking of taking them back since I can read them online for nothing.

Tom Savini rocks. His work on the NOLD remake is great.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

So, what's your Zombie Plan?
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
emmline

Post by emmline »

I.D.10-t wrote:So, what's your Zombie Plan?
I'm not worried. The kid has it all worked out to the last detail. I'll just follow instructions, wield a baseball bat, whatever.

ps: I asked Gabe if zombies can run. He says:

"No. They can stumble fast, but they can't run. You see, they could try to run, but the condition of their muscles wouldn't allow it, so they can't."
beowulf573
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by beowulf573 »

I forgot my favorite zombie <a href="http://www.jonathancoulton.com/songdeta ... >Anthem</a>. (See the play the song link on the upper left.)
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I'm still looking for Harry Belafonte's rendition of Zombie Jamboree, but here's a good toon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f5Kg-_e-J0
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

emmline wrote:
I'm not worried. The kid has it all worked out to the last detail. I'll just follow instructions, wield a baseball bat, whatever.

"No. They can stumble fast, but they can't run. You see, they could try to run, but the condition of their muscles wouldn't allow it, so they can't."
But as we';ve seen in countless zombie movies, a zombie can rise within seconds of the human host dying, so their muscles could be in top-top condition.

What we need is to zombify a few Olympic 100m sprinters, and send them after Gabe.

Emm, make sure you have a camera ready to catch the look on his face right before he gets chomped.
emmline

Post by emmline »

Martin Milner wrote:
emmline wrote:

But as we';ve seen in countless zombie movies, a zombie can rise within seconds of the human host dying, so their muscles could be in top-top condition.

What we need is to zombify a few Olympic 100m sprinters, and send them after Gabe.

Emm, make sure you have a camera ready to catch the look on his face right before he gets chomped.
Good point. I'll run that by him. He'll have a response, don't worry.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

For pity's sake! All you need to do is feed them salt! It's not rocket science!
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
djm

Post by djm »

There can be only one true <A TARGET="NEW" HREF="http://youtube.com/watch?v=R9mmDR3zUvU">zombie film</A>.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Thomaston

Post by Thomaston »

scheky

Post by scheky »

Always travel with a spare. Make sure you keep somebody around that you don't really need. That way, if the zombies come, you can simply shoot him in the leg and escape while they stop to chew him to shreds.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I'm glad to see this thread has kept alive. I didn't realize there were so many zombie fans here.

The video clips are hilarious.

Emm - I'm glad your son agrees with the run/not run assessment.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

djm wrote:There can be only one true <A TARGET="NEW" HREF="http://youtube.com/watch?v=R9mmDR3zUvU">zombie film</A>.
I love the little documentary on the "Land of the Dead" DVD showing Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright (from "Shaun of the Dead") flying to Canada to do a cameo and meet George Romero. I didn't recognize them when I first saw the movie.

Oh, also forgot, I've been reading <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead">The Walking Dead</a> as the collections come out, depressing as hell.
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Flyingcursor wrote:I'm glad to see this thread has kept alive.
Not alive, just undead.