Merry Christmas from the Badger Clan!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
WyoBadger
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Merry Christmas from the Badger Clan!

Post by WyoBadger »

May your day be filled with
--plentiful firewood, full tea mugs, warm hugs, and frolics in the snow...
--OR, warm weather.

Guess which one WE prefer? :D

Love from Tom, Sarah, Rocky, and Stup

Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

Thank you. Hey, send us some snow. My dog wants to be a snow puppy too.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/64392
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Merry Christmas, Badge, to all of your clan in return. It was great to meet you this year.

Weather? It's about 60 something and pleasant at the moment here. Perfect for riding new trikes and such.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

I'm dre-e-e-aming of a whi-i-i-te Christmas, just like the o-o-o-nes I used to know . . .

Very nice, Tom. Very different from our California Christmas weather. I'm almost envious :wink:

Nice looking dog, too. One of the Australian herding breeds, or a pup of one of the sled-dog breeds?
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

I'm guessing Alaskan Husky. Nice looking fellow!

BTW, Tom, I need your mailing info so I can get your whistle back to you. Thanks for the loan...I think I'm going to ask Mack if he can make me something similar in the New Year (when the dog's sleeping I can play it and he doesn't even twitch an ear!)

Nollaig Shona!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Wow. 60F. heh heh It's -10F at 7 pm. Cold weather is wierd, though. The first big cold snap of the year, everyone suffers. After awhile, you just don't notice it and you go on doing your thing.

We got Rocky from a shelter, so we aren't sure about his ancestry...we think, based on physical and personality characteristics, he's a lab/husky mix. He doesn't really look like a mutt--he's really pretty and well-proportioned, with a lab shape, lab ears, cinimon brown color, and husky fur, tail, and markings. People often want to know what breed he is. Doofus hound, maybe. The shelter called him a rotweiller mix, but I don't think so--he doesn't have a protective bone in his body.

He sure loves the snow. :D Ditto the water. Guess he's a pretty good match for us.

Glad you're enjoying that whistle, Red. Why don't you hang on to it until you get your new one. I'm glad it's getting used.

Tom
emmline

Post by emmline »

Something about that photo makes the tea mugs and firewood sound very appealing.
Merry Christmas to you too!
I've posted a pic of my gang on the CP thread. No snow here!
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

WyoBadger wrote:Wow. 60F. heh heh It's -10F at 7 pm. Cold weather is wierd, though. The first big cold snap of the year, everyone suffers. After awhile, you just don't notice it and you go on doing your thing.

We got Rocky from a shelter, so we aren't sure about his ancestry...we think, based on physical and personality characteristics, he's a lab/husky mix. He doesn't really look like a mutt--he's really pretty and well-proportioned, with a lab shape, lab ears, cinimon brown color, and husky fur, tail, and markings. People often want to know what breed he is. Doofus hound, maybe. The shelter called him a rotweiller mix, but I don't think so--he doesn't have a protective bone in his body.

He sure loves the snow. :D Ditto the water. Guess he's a pretty good match for us.

Glad you're enjoying that whistle, Red. Why don't you hang on to it until you get your new one. I'm glad it's getting used.

Tom
I never buy what shelters say about a dog's supposed ancestry. I think they just have a cheat sheet that says "Curly hair: poodle mix. Black and tan: Rottweiler mix (used to be Doberman mix, but Rottweilers are more "in" these days). Blue eyes: Border collie mix" Etc. I actually had someone with a medium-sized black and tan dog who looked a bit like a Manchester terrier proudly tell me that "the shelter says he's a Rottweiler/Chihuahua mix" (!) All I can say is that Chihuahua must have had one heck of a step ladder! :lol:

He's a lovely fellow, regardless of who or what went into his makeup. He looks a lot like the huskies we saw in Alaska (they vary in type quite a bit, and often have floppy ears...not like the show ring Siberian huskies). Bet he loves all that snow!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
WyoBadger

Post by WyoBadger »

Wow, Red, that is a picture I really didn't want in my mind this early in the morning. :lol:

I think Rocky would make a great sled dog--he's eager to please and strong as a bull. I've noticed most of the iditerod dogs look as if they might have, um, dubious ancestry. It just goes to show...something. (gulping tea)

Nice looking kids, Emm. Congratulations on such a beautiful family.

But no snow for our MD or Bay area chiffers. It makes me sad.

Well, heck, merry post-christmas anyway! And have a mug of tea on me. Maybe a fire if you've got a spot for it. Snow or no snow.

And I'll think of you all and your warm weather as I'm shoveling a foot of snow off my in-laws' enormous driveway this afternoon. It isn't all romance and "the fire is so delightful," you know. :)

Tom
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

I've been in that cozy house! Merry Christmas to all of you, Tom. Your snow looks about like my snow--we got something like 8" Christmas Eve. It made for scary driving but looks beautiful.

My dog will scuffle around in it, but you should see my cat Eddie! He goes absolutely nuts--racing around, jumping, doing twists and turns, digging down in the snow, then hunkering down and leaping out to attack the dog as she schleps by. Quite the exhibition.

Susan
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Plenty of snow here. White Christmas and all that.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Brewster

Post by Brewster »

Cute dog, Wyo, but can he play euphonium?

Merry Christmas to you and yours.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

I'd go along with the labXhusky cross. At least that's the first thing that popped in my mind when I saw that great picture. (and the chichiXrottie is entirely believable- interesting offspring I'm sure)

Y'all can keep your snow. It is pretty but since I have to drive in it regardless of how bad it gets, I no longer yearn for the stuff. I'll admit that nothing beats thawing out in front of a roaring fireplace.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West