My Cat Is So Weird. (Part 7)

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

My Cat Is So Weird. (Part 7)

Post by Nanohedron »

Brought home the annual turkey-day care package, and herself danced and sang me into the kitchen for a taste. So I gave her a bit, and what did she do? She sniffed at it, and walked away. I was, like, agog; she's NEVER turned up her nose at turkey before. Never. Ne-he-he-hever. Usually she's a turkey whore. And it was particularly good turkey this time, too.

She's come to her senses, now, though.

Okay, so to speak. SHe IS a cat, after all.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

We once had a cat who was not merely a turkey whore; she was a turkey-loving-razor-clawed-whirling-demon-of-destruction. We had to lock her in a bathroom any time we wanted to eat turkey. Otherwise, she would attack anyone who refused to share. She behaved similarly for banana bread and pumpkin bread.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Banana bread? That's different. Mine can't stand bananas - she'll sniff at them and draw back wincing.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Nanohedron wrote:Mine can't stand bananas - she'll sniff at them and draw back wincing.
None of mine could stand them, either. Acted as though they were poisonous.
Cotelette d'Agneau
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

My cat lurves turkey. Every time I cook a curry (about once a week) he get's some turkey before I put the sauce in. Then he follows me round the flat for then next 2 hours begging for more.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

chrisoff wrote:My cat lurves turkey. Every time I cook a curry (about once a week) he get's some turkey before I put the sauce in. Then he follows me round the flat for then next 2 hours begging for more.
Deej! Psst! Look! Curry . . . I bet he has a recipe . . .
Cotelette d'Agneau
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

We had one that would eat banana, one that ate chili peppers :o , and several who cherished raisins. Buncha weirdos. :lol:

Oh... and remember that banana nut bread is considerably different from bananas, what with the butter and the like, seems more likely to fool kitty tastes.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

anniemcu wrote:We had one that would eat banana, one that ate chili peppers :o , and several who cherished raisins. Buncha weirdos. :lol:
Good time for a reminder that raisins (and grapes) in even a miniscule amount are extremely toxic to dogs.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/raisins.asp

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

I am vegetarian, but my wife is not. She like to have a can of tuna for lunch. There are four cats in the house. The weather is nippy, so they are actually in the house (often they are out and about). So at the moment she has to open two cans of tuna for lunch. :wink:
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Innocent Bystander wrote:I am vegetarian, but my wife is not. She like to have a can of tuna for lunch. There are four cats in the house. The weather is nippy, so they are actually in the house (often they are out and about). So at the moment she has to open two cans of tuna for lunch. :wink:
Hey, at least they return the favor with ... uh... 'tid-bits' of the things they catch... :shock: (retch)
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
ketida
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by ketida »

Only slightly off topic, but probably something most of us cat-owners have frequently suspected...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmwqpHsM ... re=related
Every time I turn around, I wonder where I've been.
Time to stop turning round, I guess.
sbfluter

Post by sbfluter »

My parrots will eat turkey. That's pretty weird.

You know, there are all kinds of scary things on the Internet about certain foods that will kill your beasts, but let me tell you I've got birds that are 20, 14 and 12 years old and they've eaten chocolate and avocados and nothing bad happened.
~ Diane
Flutes: Tipple D and E flutes and a Casey Burns Boxwood Rudall D flute
Whistles: Jerry Freeman Tweaked D Blackbird
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

The dietary strictures are specific to individual types of animals, e.g. chocolate is bad for dogs - that says nothing about birds. Birds I've kept loved raw eggs.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
trill

cat food

Post by trill »

I offered some tuna (packed in water) to a local kitty recently... one that dines here fairly regularly.

She took a few sniffs and walked away. That was a *real* suprise!

trill
Flogging Jason

Post by Flogging Jason »

My 4 kitties don't bother me when I have food....but i never feed them people food and they know I keep a watergun handy!

When I lived with my parents and their 9 cats they had a penchant for ham. My dad would buy packages of deli ham just to be cat treats. We would bring sushi home from time to time and the only thing the cats wouldn't eat was the mackerel.