Movies that are on cable TV a lot: A Thread by Dale Wisely

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
evenstr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by evenstr »

Titanic
Lord of the Rings
Clueless (not lately though)
brianc

Post by brianc »

Braveheart.

And it's often repeated several times in one week. Enough already! It was released in 1995! If haven't seen it by now, forget it.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

All the Steven Seagal movies. All those Rush Hour movies. The Mel Gibson-Danny Glover movies. Those Whoopi Goldberg nun movies.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
hyldemoer

Re: Movies that are on cable TV a lot: A Thread by Dale Wise

Post by hyldemoer »

Dale wrote:Scarface
Shawshank Redemption
40 Year Old Virgin
I once worked with a guy who so identified with the innocent prisoner in Shawshank Redemption that every time it came on TV he'd watched it, memorized it, and would walk around all day at work quoting it.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

hyldemoer wrote:
Shawshank Redemption
40 Year Old Virgin
I once worked with a guy who so identified with the innocent prisoner in Shawshank Redemption that every time it came on TV he'd watched it, memorized it, and would walk around all day at work quoting it.
Shawshank and Fifth Element are the two movies that, should I ever happen across them on television, I immediately stop and watch the rest.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
FJohnSharp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Yes. I've seen the ending to Shawhank about 25 times.
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

The Weekenders wrote:All the Steven Seagal movies. All those Rush Hour movies. The Mel Gibson-Danny Glover movies. Those Whoopi Goldberg nun movies.
Let us not forget ALL the movies with Julia Roberts - though the good Lord knows I've been trying to forget them. :twisted:
Signed,
Not A Fan
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

hyldemoer wrote: ... every time it came on TV he'd watched it, memorized it, and would walk around all day at work quoting it.
Thanks for reminding me. I almost forgot. RAINMAN. Which I consider to be a very good movie.
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Scott McCallister
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Scott McCallister »

And lets not forget the venerable

FASTER, PUSSYCAT! KILL! KILL!

There's and old Irish saying that says pretty much anything you want it to.

Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

hyldemoer wrote:
Shawshank Redemption
40 Year Old Virgin
I love Shawshank. I think it's just about perfect and one of those that lends itself to rewatching. The story arc is, of course, outrageously good but there's something about the pacing of the movie that's just magic to me. I urge people to get the DVD. It has a treasure of extras.

Dale
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

we had black and white tv when i was a kid, long after everyone else had color tv. i really liked the movie fahrenheit 451. then i saw it in color, what a different movie that was. not nearly so stunning. if you get the chance to see this movie and can make your tv be black and white, give it a go.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
hyldemoer

Post by hyldemoer »

Dale wrote:
hyldemoer wrote:
Shawshank Redemption
40 Year Old Virgin
I love Shawshank. I think it's just about perfect and one of those that lends itself to rewatching. The story arc is, of course, outrageously good but there's something about the pacing of the movie that's just magic to me. I urge people to get the DVD. It has a treasure of extras.
With the guy I worked with I have the feeling that renting a DVD of the film wouldn't have been quite the same for him.

It seemed to me that the movie took on a sort of a mystical throw the coins or yarrow sticks of I Ching quality when he'd turn on the TV and there it was,
over and over and again.
Doc Jones
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Doc Jones »

mutepointe wrote:we had black and white tv when i was a kid, long after everyone else had color tv. i really liked the movie fahrenheit 451. then i saw it in color, what a different movie that was. not nearly so stunning. if you get the chance to see this movie and can make your tv be black and white, give it a go.
We had black and white as a kid too...

Every afternoon Elizabeth Montgomery would smile at me and say "Stay tuned for Bewitched, in living color". I'd wait to see and it was still always black and white. Never really have been able to trust blondes with twitchy noses since.

Doc
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Yeah, Shawshank is on a lot round here- and often I do finish the movie again and again-I've loved it ever since I read it long before the movie-"Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption".

The one that seems like is always on is "The Color Purple". That's another one I'm apt to finish if I don't have something else I have to do at the time. The only movie I ever thought was better than the book.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West