Britain's Got Talent

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
chrisoff
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by chrisoff »

buddhu wrote: so I suppose there are no trades descriptions issues.
Aside from their definition of Britain. No Scottish audition and no-one from Scotland through to main stages, or at least that's what I was told.

Did they have Cardiff and Belfast auditions?
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

On the 16th June (The Day of the Last Semi-Final show), Drag Queens "The Kit Kat Dolls" were disqualified after the News of the World reporters found out that three of the members were prostitutes
:o

*hums the theme from crying game*
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

chrisoff wrote:
On the 16th June (The Day of the Last Semi-Final show), Drag Queens "The Kit Kat Dolls" were disqualified after the News of the World reporters found out that three of the members were prostitutes
:o

*hums the theme from crying game*
Bugger, that was my 666th post. I was going to do a number of the beast special.
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_5W4t_CBzg

Best wishes,
Jerry
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

djm wrote:There's a purity, almost a boyish clarity, in his tone, plus a total lack of pretense in his singing, that takes no prisoners, just goes straight to the heart.
Precisely. And when I think about the heart and years of effort he must have put into his training and practice with no real expectation of success, it makes me that much happier that he won.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Wonderful purity of timbre, and tremendous dynamics.

It's especially striking (to me, at least) to hear the difference between his audition performance, which was impressive enough, but with some of his tenseness showing, and his final performance, which he carried off with stunning confidence and cleanness of delivery.

Bravo!

Best wishes,
Jerry
GaryKelly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by GaryKelly »

chrisoff wrote:
Aside from their definition of Britain. No Scottish audition and no-one from Scotland through to main stages, or at least that's what I was told.

The winner was from Port Talbot, over there in Wales. After years of banging on about independence and devolution, what're you saying, suddenly the Scots and the Irish want to be British? For the sake of a talent contest? Are you sure?

Besides, as you well know, the only time the telly regards the Scots and Irish as 'British' is during the Olympic Games, and then only when they win a medal. They're Scottish or Irish if they lose, obviously.

The Olympics is a talent contest too. So, for example, are the All-Ireland Championships that many here regard (rightly or wrongly) as the epitome of achievement in ITM.

Indeed, all of life is a talent contest, from the cradle to the grave.

Granted, some talent contests on the telly are toe-curlingly embarassing, but the talented and talentless have been trying to make it big ever since "Opportunity Knocks" and "New Faces", shows which gave the public stars such as Lenny Henry and Victoria Wood, amongst other names still at large in the entertainment industry today.
buddhu wrote:But at least this winner shows some talent, so I suppose there are no trades descriptions issues. Just ones of imagination and courage on the part of the programme makers and the voting public.
Did it hurt to squeeze that grudging acknowledgement out at the beginning? And do the general public and programme makers truly deserve to be branded as unimaginative and cowardly simply because they don't agree with *your* 'far left-field' opinions? They probably don't think so, nor do I.

Good luck to Mr Potts, who's had the courage and imagination to attempt to live his dream, and now after years of holding true to that dream finally has the opportunity to do so (with thanks of course to the cowardly and unimaginative programme makers and public).
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
BMFW

Post by BMFW »

chrisoff wrote:

I think we are still serving a ban from the days of the great Stewart Anderson debacle - we brought it on ourselves, we really did!
Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

BMFW wrote:
I think we are still serving a ban from the days of the great Stewart Anderson debacle - we brought it on ourselves, we really did!
Ouch!

Fair enough then.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

GaryKelly wrote:Indeed, all of life is a talent contest, from the cradle to the grave.
Wow, that's pretty profound, GK.

The other posts on this page, however, have lost me.
NatUdom

The truth of The Kit Kat Dolls ?

Post by NatUdom »

My name is Nat Udom and I am a member of The Kit Kat Dolls.

After the news, we were VERY sad and crying to lose the GREAT opportunity to be something that the society would have accepted us more in the positive way. It was NOT fair on the honest working band members like myself and others ( who are NOT for sale and NEVER have been ) who had worked SO hard to get there and then our dreams shattered by ONLY one member. Those 2 members ( Toni and Alex ) had told us about their past and they said that they will NEVER do it again, we therefore accepted them because we believed that if we could improve the lives of Toni and Alex to be better then we ( as the human beings) definitely would do that. I personally think that every single one of us should give the opportunity to people who are less fortunate than the ones who are already lucky, don’t you think? Every single one of us should learn how to love and care to others and willing to understand and improve lives of some people to be better with what we can. However, We were asking the ITV producers to let the rest of us ( 6 members ) to continue the show, but they refused us. We started to cry as soon as ITV producers said that the whole band had to be punished which was VERY unfair for the rest of the group. We live in the year of 2007 with democracy but we were treated with something which was NOT democracy.

PS: The Kit Kat Dolls might be doing the big gig with spice girls ( NOT confirm ) in the big club in central London.
Please click the link below for more details.
http://www.g-a-y.co.uk/eventdetail.asp?ID=627
Nat Udom ( a memeber of The Kit Kat Dolls )
http://www.Udom.BTinternet.co.uk
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

emmm..right.
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

On a recent trip to Ireland and the UK my wife discovered "Britain's got Talent" on our hotel toom TV, so I found myself watching it throughout most of our trip, whether that would have been my choice or not. There was one attractive contestant, I think her name was Sheila, who wore skimpy outfits with metal armor plates attached to her clothing. In her hands she carried a spark-generating machine, which she turned on at various points in her dance routine. The metal armor plates were to protect her skin from the hot sparks. The one dance position that really got Simon's attention (and mine) was when she bent over with her butt toward the camera, allowing the sparks to shoot between her legs. At the time I thought to myself that the Queen probably wouldn't appreciate the fine points of Sheils's act. Anyway, we traveled to Paris on Sunday, and we missed the final show, much to my wife's displeasure. All of the programs that we could find on TV were in French, except for CNN News, which keeps repeating the same stories over and over again. I'm glad to learn that Paul Potts won the competition, although there was a young female singer of show tunes who was getting my votes.
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Over in the whistle thread, I asked for some suggestions on whistle/fiddle duets, which had me on Amazon this morning.

On my recommended page, I happened to see that Paul Potts is coming out with a CD, and you can pre-order it.

http://tinyurl.com/39er32

Good on him, I say.
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

It isn't very good at all I hear. :(
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!