Pirates III

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

chrisoff wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
chrisoff wrote: Phew, I wasn't the only one!
"Okay" (originally "O.K.") wasn't in use until 1839, and originated strictly as U.S. slang.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okay

Piracy on the Caribbean as romanticised in the movies was long gone by then.
Seriously? That's worth picking up on? How anal would you have to be to even care about something like that? I've got a whole pile of westerns at home that I'm pretty sure don't use authentic language either. Same with the costume dramas my mum likes.
I never said I cared. It just stood out, is all. Hardly speaks to my being "anal", thank you.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

Nanohedron wrote:
chrisoff wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: "Okay" (originally "O.K.") wasn't in use until 1839, and originated strictly as U.S. slang.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okay

Piracy on the Caribbean as romanticised in the movies was long gone by then.
Seriously? That's worth picking up on? How anal would you have to be to even care about something like that? I've got a whole pile of westerns at home that I'm pretty sure don't use authentic language either. Same with the costume dramas my mum likes.
I never said I cared. It just stood out, is all. Hardly speaks to my being "anal", thank you.
Sorry, wasn't having a go at you, I know you were just pointing out what it was about. I was just mouthing off about the type of person who points out all those kind of things in general.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Well, that's a relief. It's a good thing I don't make a habit of it. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
GaryKelly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by GaryKelly »

chrisoff wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
chrisoff wrote: Seriously? That's worth picking up on? How anal would you have to be to even care about something like that? I've got a whole pile of westerns at home that I'm pretty sure don't use authentic language either. Same with the costume dramas my mum likes.
Sorry, wasn't having a go at you, I know you were just pointing out what it was about. I was just mouthing off about the type of person who points out all those kind of things in general.
Oh! Oh! So you're pointing out something about the type of person who points out those kind of things eh?

I just thought I'd point out how pointy making points like that sounds.
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

GaryKelly wrote:
chrisoff wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: I never said I cared. It just stood out, is all. Hardly speaks to my being "anal", thank you.
Oh! Oh! So you're pointing out something about the type of person who points out those kind of things eh?

I just thought I'd point out how pointy making points like that sounds.
OI! I'd like to make a pont here...er, um.

“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown