How did YOU spend St. Patrick's Day?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

I goofed off in the sun and the wind all day bird watching. I did take away Chinese last night, too: garlic guy-lan and jar-doo chicken wings. :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

what could be more irish than chinese?

at saturday night mass, our folk group lead "happy feast day to you" to our priest, father pat. he's as irish as you get. the altar was decorated with leprachauns and shamrocks that were probably there for the children's mass this week.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

During the day we had our grandkids and wanted to go to the park but it was too cold. We went to the local Build A Bear and our grand daughter got a bear but our grandson didn't want one so we got him yet another toy car. He loves toy cars.
Around 5 PM we went to my sister's, had dinner and played Pit until about 10 with my sister, brother-in-law, niece and daughter.

We then went home and I started reading a new book about the Persian Empire. Went to sleep about midnight.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

I made reeds all day, ate curried squid with rice and egg noodles (yum), drank way too much caffeine-free diet coke and then I went to bed around 9:30 pm. I'll tell ya', I'm burnt out man.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

rebl_rn wrote:We had our annual family St. Pat's day party, only hardly anyone from my family was able to come this year, which was disappointing. But we had some friends as well, about 13 people total. We had corned beef and cabbage, lamb stew, soda bread, brown bread, potatoes and vegetables, and Irish Cream Cake and Chocolate Guinness Cake for dessert. It was a good time.
Shame on you for listing those nasty desserts!! I am in no shape (boy, can that be taken a couple of ways!) to eat such things, and now I desperately want some!!! :swear:

I can however, look up a recipe... :wink:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recip ... dly/107105

Mumble, mutter, drool, mutter...
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

Worked until 11, then came home and got Hockey Night in Canada on satelite. Got a pizza (quite an adventure trying to keep it safe from the drunken hordes that clogged the streets of Tramote) and went back to watch the Canadiens/Leafs game with my pie and a Guinness. It was great.

Strangely quiet out there this morning.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

I'm ashamed to say what I did. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

My St Patrick's Day? I measured and cut some wood trim for the window in a room we're remodeling, then spent the rest of the day filling in our income tax forms. It was a real party, I can tell ya.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

I studied. Had oatmeal for dinner.
Cotelette d'Agneau
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Lambchop wrote:I studied. Had oatmeal for dinner.
Sounds like a good night to me.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Jack

Post by Jack »

I try my best not to celebrate holidays, for religious reasons, but I spent yesterday reading about the life of Saint Patrick and his relationship to God and the Church. I didn't really learn much, but it's always good to know something about the person so many people celebrate.
rebl_rn

Post by rebl_rn »

anniemcu wrote:
rebl_rn wrote:We had our annual family St. Pat's day party, only hardly anyone from my family was able to come this year, which was disappointing. But we had some friends as well, about 13 people total. We had corned beef and cabbage, lamb stew, soda bread, brown bread, potatoes and vegetables, and Irish Cream Cake and Chocolate Guinness Cake for dessert. It was a good time.
Shame on you for listing those nasty desserts!! I am in no shape (boy, can that be taken a couple of ways!) to eat such things, and now I desperately want some!!! :swear:

I can however, look up a recipe... :wink:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recip ... dly/107105

Mumble, mutter, drool, mutter...

That's a little different than the one I made: http://www.coopfoodstore.com/html/recip ... sCake.html
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Morning, did the weekly supermarket shop. Took half an hour to get a parking space - it was like a war zone! Busy, busy! It's not usually like this unless it's a Bank Holiday weekend.
Popped into the Oxfam shop to see if they had anything I craved. Picked up an old copy of Neuromancer.
Touched base with the Big Issue Seller & bought my copy - he's apprehensive about the cold weather coming.
Looked in at the barbershop but decided the queue was too long and I'd do another week.
Ought to have gone to the Tree House but didn't.
Collected my copy of "Storm Front" from the proper Bookshop.
Went out to the park and strolled around as usual. Stopped at the bench and played "The St Patrick's Day Jig" on the whistle. And "The Perfect Cure". Got a smile and a wave from some people.

Lunch - half a pizza.
Read the papers & the New Scientist.
Cleaned the Bathrooms.

Spaghetti for tea (I thought it was Fettucini - what do I know?)
and we watched an old program of "House" (the one where he does a "diagnostics" lecture).

Felt ropey, so hit the sack early.

Sorry - too much detail?
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Lambchop wrote:I studied. Had oatmeal for dinner.
Was it green? That would have been OK if it were green.

We had Key lime pie because it's green. I'd like Key lime pie even if it were orange. But it was green. I wanted to eat some green stuff I found in the back of the refrigerator but my wife said I'd get sick. It had been brown at one time I think.

I have a praying mantis finger puppet that's green too. And a frog.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

rebl_rn wrote:That's a little different than the one I made: http://www.coopfoodstore.com/html/recip ... sCake.html
Sigh... I guess I'm doomed to try them both...

Thanks!
I may lose that grateful feeling when I see how much of it sticks to my ribs, but I'll likely immediately forgive you because my tastebuds will be so exstatic that the rest of me will be outvoted. :D
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com