(retitled): San Jose C & F Party - March 24

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Richard Katz
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Richard Katz »

Howz about an address? or...PM me.
DCrom
antispam: No

Post by DCrom »

Richard Katz wrote:Howz about an address? or...PM me.
Sent! Check your email, Richard
Karina

Post by Karina »

I won't be able to make it, either. :( I was planning on coming, but my brother decided to come into town this weekend to introduce his girlfriend--the introduction before the engagement, most likely--so I wasn't allowed to miss it. :( I hope you all have a great time, and I hope to be at the next one!
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Thanks for hosting this again, Dana! It was a great party!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
monkey587
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by monkey587 »

Sorry I missed it... Just too much going on today.
William Bajzek
LimuHead
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

Thanks Dana! As always it was a blast!

Thanks to your family for tolerating us!
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

We had a great time hosting.

It gives us a chance to get together with people we haven't seen in a while, meet new people, and to listen to some great music. Even if our cat wouldn't agree on the last :lol:

I got some decent pictures this time - I'll see about getting them online.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Well, since nobody mentioned it, I will.

Though we had a pretty small turnout and missed stalwarts like Justine, we were happy to see Eskin, all the way up from San Diego.

I have always wanted to meet him and hear him and it was very cool to finally do so.

And somebody, presumably our host, had the generosity to open a 17yr old Bowmore. how I enjoyed that! Even the hangover was smooth and aged.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

The Weekenders wrote:Well, since nobody mentioned it, I will.

Though we had a pretty small turnout and missed stalwarts like Justine, we were happy to see Eskin, all the way up from San Diego.

I have always wanted to meet him and hear him and it was very cool to finally do so.

And somebody, presumably our host, had the generosity to open a 17yr old Bowmore. how I enjoyed that! Even the hangover was smooth and aged.
Glad you liked the Bowmore! It's all a plot to make sure that people come back next year, of course :twisted:

Hearing Michael play was a treat, even if the cat disagreed (she finally came out from under the bed about an hour after everyone left).

I think his presence led to a lot more session tunes, and also kept you on the whistle more to play along (daughter's comment was: "I knew he was good on guitar and singing, but I didn't know that Lance could play whistle that well, too!").

I've got to keep working on my flute - I would really like to be good enough to keep up on more of the tunes. But you, Tony, Michael, and Aldon gave us a solid musical base. Even my better half, who is neutral at best about IrTrad, told me she really enjoyed the music.

Though I also enjoyed the excursions in the direction of Chinese folk tunes (KC Jiang), Irish harp (Audrey), and Mrs LimuHead's traditional Hula performance. And thanks for putting up with the handful of tunes I inflicted on you :lol:
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Dana was pretty busy hosting, but when he finally did go over and stand in the corner and whistle, it sounded pretty darn good!

I was thinking about Limu and KC, too, playing the Korean and Chinese songs, as well as Kay's hula. I guess we should rename our gatherings as "The Pacific Rim Whistle Party." Nyuk. I think people from other parts of the country would know they weren't in Kansas anymore with our international repertoire...
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
eskin

Post by eskin »

Hi y'all,

I had a great time, but got so much into the playing I completely spaced on everyone except Dana's names, please PM me and remind me who was who!

First time in 15 years I've seen a pro hula dancer perform at a whistle centric event. Cool stuff.

Wish I didn't have to drive back to the hotel, that 12+ year old scotch looked mightly tasty, thank you Dana for hosting!

Michael
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Yeah, I was designated driver and I was coveting tastes of various exotic looking whiskeys, etc. But, I was a good boy, Weeks will be glad to know. Michael, that was me with the lampshade on my head dancing the hornpipe and talking like a pirate. If I'd been drinking...
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
KCJiang

Post by KCJiang »

Dana, thanks for hosting the party. I have had good time. You look much younger than two years ago. If I were not see you last weekend, I would not recognize you if I meet you on the street.

I also enjoyed to watch and listen the performence from all the friends in party, Tony, Weekenders, Mr and Mrs Limuhead, Michael and others.

Hopefully, see everyone soon.

KC
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

eskin wrote:Hi y'all,

I had a great time, but got so much into the playing I completely spaced on everyone except Dana's names, please PM me and remind me who was who!

First time in 15 years I've seen a pro hula dancer perform at a whistle centric event. Cool stuff.

Wish I didn't have to drive back to the hotel, that 12+ year old scotch looked mightly tasty, thank you Dana for hosting!

Michael
I was the fat lady in tie dye with the harps.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!