RIP: Sam

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jan Erik

RIP: Sam

Post by Jan Erik »

jsluder
antispam: No

Post by jsluder »

From the article:
Lockheed said she was initially terrified of Sam when she agreed to take him in as a rescue six years ago on a 48-hour trial basis. Although she fell in love with him, his appearance repulsed her then-boyfriend and prompted the man to break up with her.
Sounds like Sam did her a favor.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

You might think so but it's much more nefarious than that.

You see, Sam would often sit and stare at her. After awhile she's begin to act spooky. As if the dog had some kind of mind control.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Jan Erik

Post by Jan Erik »

Later, however, Sam became a matchmaker by bringing together Lockheed and her current beau, who saw a picture of the two on an online dating site.
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

jsluder wrote:From the article:
Lockheed said she was initially terrified of Sam when she agreed to take him in as a rescue six years ago on a 48-hour trial basis. Although she fell in love with him, his appearance repulsed her then-boyfriend and prompted the man to break up with her.
My thoughts exactly. In my family, dogs get a vote on possible partners. If anyone's date can't pass the dog test, it's over.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Bummer! That was a cool dog.

Dogs are brilliant judges of character. Where I used to work, I never got bit during a PE.... only when I tried to stick sharp pointy things in them. :D
gonzo914
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gonzo914 »

Remember, you're just getting her side of the story because he is long gone.

Methinks there may have been other factors in operation besides Sam's appearance. This lady had three other dogs named TatorTot, TinkerBell and PixieNoodle. Add in the ugliest dog in the world, and you've got a good start on being "crazy dog lady."

The old boyfriend may have just got tired of the dog crap and baby talk.
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

gonzo914 wrote:
Remember, you're just getting her side of the story because he is long gone.

Methinks there may have been other factors in operation besides Sam's appearance. This lady had three other dogs named TatorTot, TinkerBell and PixieNoodle. Add in the ugliest dog in the world, and you've got a good start on being "crazy dog lady."

The old boyfriend may have just got tired of the dog crap and baby talk.
In which case they were not a compatible couple, and Sam did them both a favor by giving him the excuse he apparently needed to leave.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Jan Erik

Post by Jan Erik »

gonzo,

Has Kansas classified those tornado deaths as due to supernatural causes?
djm

Post by djm »

Dogs are just as likely to pick up on their owners' behaviour and act it out or them. If she was already down on the guy, the dog could just be in "protect mode".

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

djm wrote:Dogs are just as likely to pick up on their owners' behaviour and act it out or them. If she was already down on the guy, the dog could just be in "protect mode".
Or perhaps the dog is a convenient excuse so she doesn't have to face up to the fact that she's a crazy dog lady.
Jan Erik wrote:Has Kansas classified those tornado deaths as due to supernatural causes?
The state economic development folks, taking their cue from the state school board, voted on those tornados and decided they were the result of intelligent design.
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

s1m0n wrote:My thoughts exactly. In my family, dogs get a vote on possible partners. If anyone's date can't pass the dog test, it's over.
So you think I was a bit hasty not wanting to date a woman who allows two dogs to sleep in her bed?
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

In Florida, it might be a drawback. Up here in the snow belt, it has its advantages.

Best wishes,
Jerry
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Jerry Freeman wrote:In Florida, it might be a drawback. Up here in the snow belt, it has its advantages.

Best wishes,
Jerry
yeah, the real live "Three Dog Night".

I use to have the following sign posted when I was showing my skyes, and it was very true=

Warning: this house is kept for the comfort and security of my dogs.
If you can't deal with this then
GO AWAY
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

gonzo914 wrote:
Jan Erik wrote:Has Kansas classified those tornado deaths as due to supernatural causes?
The state economic development folks, taking their cue from the state school board, voted on those tornados and decided they were the result of intelligent design.
As it says in the Bible,
  • "Behold, a whirlwind of the LORD is gone forth in fury, even a grievous whirlwind..."
Reasonable person
Walden