Dreaded WAF...for the married man

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tommy
antispam: No

Post by Tommy »

LOL LOL LOL
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Wanderer you have just gone down on my list of one of the worlds greatest minds.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Wanderer wrote:
With all the money I saved, I got me a new whistle, so that I could while away those lonely hours on the couch. ;)
Fecking BRILLIANT! :lol:

OOOOPS! The wifey unit just read this. I don't find wanderer's post funny at all, rather, it is demeaning and stereotypical. And once these welts on the back of my head shrink back into my scalp, I promise never to endorse such tom foolery again... ever....
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I wish I had the wherewithall and the quick wit of Wanderer when I was married, it would have saved a lot of grief!

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
chattiekathy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

:lol: I am sitting here laughing about Greg's post too. Then I thought about it... :tomato:

What happens here, is that I will ask my hubby if I should buy this or that and he always says, "Why are you asking me? Do I ask you if I can by stuff? Buy it!" And I say, "And there in lies the problem!" :really: By the way he is an O-Gauge Train enthusiast.

But I love him anyway :love:

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Sunnywindo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Sunnywindo »

Now Wanderer... that's not REALLY your own original idea, is it? (Cause I've heard it before now.) :P :D Though I could totally see a guy doing that in some circumstances... and in those some circumstances I'd be more sympathetic towards his side of things than hers. Really.

My hubby and I have an odd arrangement with the finances. At least it seems odd. He willingly, (for reasons I won't go into here) begged me in fact, to take total control over the budget. :o However, I do go over stuff with him, ask his opinion and don't spend much of anything extra without consulting him because I don't want him to get feeling left out of the loop. We're a team, not a one sided entity after all.

:)
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

He doesn't ask me...I don't ask him. But my purchases for hobbies tend to be under $100 and his tend to be well over that. Every so often when a new computer shows up I let him know that its time to get me something. Preferrably facetted or made with a really nice metal, meant to go around a finger, neck or wrist.

All that aside, there will be far less purchasing going on this season. I just got laid off.

Sincerely,
Tyg (Cat at Leisure)
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
djm

Post by djm »

What's really funny is that the last three entries are from wives, when the thread clearly states it is aimed at married men. Not hard to see who wears the pants in some families. :lol:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Everyone wears pants now days. That's the whole point. Get with it, dude! :wink:
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Chiffed

Post by Chiffed »

My lovely, wonderful wife is taking up flute.

Do I panic now?
Happily tooting when my dogs let me.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Chiffed wrote:My lovely, wonderful wife is taking up flute.

Do I panic now?
Naw, wait until she starts to get better than you! :twisted:
Chiffed

Post by Chiffed »

She's already better casting a fly.

Oh, stop that - I'm talking about fishing. :D
Happily tooting when my dogs let me.
Denny

Post by Denny »

As long as you can keep her from getting tired of you!
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

djm wrote:What's really funny is that the last three entries are from wives, when the thread clearly states it is aimed at married men. Not hard to see who wears the pants in some families. :lol:

djm

Actually, it's a testiment to how preoccupied and spacey my brain has been lately. Sure, I read the topic, but did the "for married men" part even register? Nnoooooooooooooo! Sorry for stepping on your toes guys... (uh-oh, maybe this post needs to go in the apology repository!) :P

:) Sunny (who always thought the phrase/idea of "who wears the pant in the family" contrary to a genuinely good marriage which is bound in teamwork, unconditional love and mutual respect amoung other things. It's certainly not about "pants".)

Okay, I'm leaving this thread now... promise! You can all go back to your married man chat. :D
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Hey wait, Sunnywindo! The thread might be aimed at a particular category of person or of most interest to a particular category of person, but if you have something relevant to say then you just speak right up. I do all the time, and I don't even have anything relevant to say :lol:.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca