Suggestions for improving this site

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Denny
antispam: No

Post by Denny »

Nanohedron wrote:Well. Nice doing business with you, I'm sure.
Some days ya got chickens...
some days ya got chicken ... :lol:
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Back on topic, I'd like to suggest that one sure way to improve any message board is to Not post pictures wider then the screen :swear:
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Flyingcursor wrote:Back on topic, I'd like to suggest that one sure way to improve any message board is to Not post pictures wider then the screen :swear:
Amen, brotha.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Eewww!

Coming soon: The Etiquette Thread! (sticky)

:lol:

halleluiah brother
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Sorry about the pictures. How can you tell if they are going to be a problem? These didn't seem to be last night when I previewed my post and even after I posted them. I can see they are now. It seems like something actually changed. Well anyway, I'll avoid doing it in the future.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
djm

Post by djm »

Fly wrote:Not post pictures wider then the screen
How do you post the pictures, and "then" the screen? :-?

djm
Last edited by djm on Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Cynth wrote:Sorry about the pictures. How can you tell if they are going to be a problem? These didn't seem to be last night when I previewed my post and even after I posted them. I can see they are now. It seems like something actually changed. Well anyway, I'll avoid doing it in the future.
Well, people have their computers set to different resolutions, so pictures may come up to be different sizes depending. A good rule of thumb is never to post a picture wider than about 800 pixels. That way, people that keep their resolution on 800x600 can view the whole thing.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

OH, okay. The three in a row add up to more than that, so those must be the problem.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

No problem for me. :-?

...aside from being ganged up on by Cynth and Lambchop; oh, and djm's glibness. That, too. :swear:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Nanohedron wrote:No problem for me. :-?

...aside from being ganged up on by Cynth and Lambchop; oh, and djm's glibness. That, too. :swear:
:lol: Poor Nano! Here I am trying to figure out why you are paying djm to send weird things (please, I don't even want to know) to JES. I keep thinking why wouldn't they do this via Private Messages? Aren't you worried you might get caught? I honestly feel like I must be on drugs today! It's like there is this spooky underground activity that is being just slightly exposed today in all sorts of threads. Like people's posts are just a cover for the real thing.:lol:I think I'll go have a little lie-down.
djm

Post by djm »

Relax, Cynth. I think Nano is just getting a bit too sensitive. After all, its wrapped in a plain brown unmarked wrapper. No-one's going to know.

Why, I imagine that even now there's a whole stream of plain unmarked packages flowing into JES all the time. I realize the funds were initially earmarked to save Lamby, but if JES can use the package to save mankind, isn't that still all to the good? In fact, with a set of barbeque utensils like that I'm sure ... he could .... er .... :oops:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

djm wrote:Why, I imagine that even now there's a whole stream of plain unmarked packages flowing into JES all the time.
I hate to break it to you, but JES uses every package that shows up to fund his reedmaking habit.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

fearfaoin wrote:
djm wrote:Why, I imagine that even now there's a whole stream of plain unmarked packages flowing into JES all the time.
I hate to break it to you, but JES uses every package that shows up to fund his reedmaking habit.
Waidaminnit. It's public knowledge that he's growing his own. Arundo donax thrives in Florida, apparently.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Nanohedron wrote:Waidaminnit. It's public knowledge that he's growing his own. Arundo donax thrives in Florida, apparently.
Ah, but one still has to purchase knives, and whetstones, and ... uh... beer.
Denny

Post by Denny »

fearfaoin wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:Waidaminnit. It's public knowledge that he's growing his own. Arundo donax thrives in Florida, apparently.
Ah, but one still has to purchase knives, and whetstones, and ... uh... beer.
The beer just doesn't last as long as a whetstone...