Where are these people?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Unseen122
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Flyingcursor wrote:What about... NorCalWhistler?
He is now IdaWHoa. He posts more on the GC fourm nowadays though. I have noticed some apperances and disaperences. Remember that time someone tried to impersonat Dale they posted a few times then left.
Lorenzo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Lorenzo »

Unseen122 wrote:Remember that time someone tried to impersonat(e) Dale they posted a few times then left.
Remember where he listed his location? It was at or near the Vatican. :lol:

He's still around...several times over. You just have to get use to his style. He even uses his real name sometimes. I recognize him everytime he tries a new username. He has lots of tricks. Sometimes he even misspells words to confuse you so you'll think English is not his native tongue. Sometimes he plays dumb. Other times he comes too close to the surface and gives himself away.

He's bored to death. I think it's funny. He wishes you'd catch on.

The thing he never does though is come across as what real people think of as real. He doesn't talk that way. He seems aloof--at a distance from what he is trying to say. He only knows how to parrot real people and ends up sounding like a parrot, yet not knowing that he sounds like a parrot. I pray for him daily, only because I knew his mother and father.
Last edited by Lorenzo on Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Lorenzo wrote:
Unseen122 wrote:Remember that time someone tried to impersonat(e) Dale they posted a few times then left.
Remember where he listed his location? It was at or near the Vatican. :lol:

He's still around...several times over. You just have to get use to his style. He even uses his real name sometimes. I recognize him everytime he tries a new username. He has lots of tricks. Sometimes he even misspells words to comfuse you so you'll think English is not his native tongue. Sometimes he plays dumb. Other times he comes too close to the surface and gives himself away.

He's bored to death. I think it's funny. He wishes you'd catch on.

The thing he never does though is come across as what real people think of as real. He doesn't talk that way. He seems aloof--at a distance from what he is trying to say. He only knows how to parrot real people and ends up sounding like a parrot, yet not knowing that he sounds like a parrot. I pray for him daily, only because I knew his mother and father.
It's not me! :lol:
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

His name is not Gretchen!
Jack

Post by Jack »

Lorenzo wrote:His name is not Gretchen!
Mine used to be. ;-)
fatveg

Post by fatveg »

Lorenzo wrote:Where's herbie and fatveg?
Oh, I'm still around. Don't check this board often now. I started a new business that took 110% of my time, fell off the board, came back after a while but immediately let myself get dragged into an unhealthy discussion, which I don't necessarily need, so I backed off totally.

And (confession time) I'm afraid my whistles aren't getting much play now that I have a 50's Martin O soprano uke. Too cool.

I do miss you guys. Especially you, Cran, how's life treating you?
<i>"Music is more like water than a rinoceros. It doesn't chase madly down one path. It runs away in every direction" - E. Costello</i>
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Grannymouse is still on my buddy list and we exchange greetings from time to time. I'll send her a link to this thread...
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

So a lot of people went over to GC where I have only posted but a few times...... Coincidink???? I think NOT.

But I do miss the very early chatters from the fall of 01 and the first half of 02. There are still a few about today from those days but its funny how people come on and dominate for a while then fade back. Tygrhess used to post a lot, as did Loren.

I read as a guest from about Oct 01 on, I think I registered up, then forgot my password then finally re-joined in March. And it was only because there another feller with my name already registered that I used the Weekenders.. Sometimes, I think that's not such a bad thing. Just ask a certain poster whose real name is kept in a vault.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Duckrasta wrote:
Flyingcursor wrote: Duckthustra?
Is that supposed to be me?
I think Fly got his religions mixed up. :lol:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician