deleted

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Henke
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

deleted

Post by Henke »

all gone
Last edited by Henke on Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Nice pictures Henrik! That's a great opportunity. Was it hard to play with an audience that could actually keep time as opposed to drunken folks all clapping to their own personal rhythm?

Good luck to you and your band!

Eric
emmline

Post by emmline »

Nice! Love your kilts. I would much rather hear you guys than other typical cruise fare...not that I've ever been on a cruise.
peteinmn
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by peteinmn »

Very Cool !! :)
Shut up and drink your gin! - Fagin
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Go people who wear Kilts.

Says the guy who plays GHBs...
(That would be me)
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

Great pictures. Looks like fun. :)

Seems like I used to be that age once . . . *sigh*

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

great pictures, Henke! You guys look like you're having a blast :) And I too love the kilts.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

Great pics, but for heaven's sake buy or make sporrans to go with the kilts!!!! :boggle:

Cheers,
David
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Aren't kilts great!!! I have one I wear occasionally to Scottish Ceilidhs, they are fantastic to swing & spin in!

In one pic I thought I spotted a fiddler, but in fact he was playing bass! Great pose though!

Playing live music to which people are dancing is a real high, it makes all those hours of practise worthwhile!
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Looks like fun. Do I detect you are holding your flute *gasp* backward?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Henke

Post by Henke »

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. Yeah, we had a blast. Folklandia is one of the nicest ideas anyone around here has had in ages. Boat cruises between Sweden and Finland are great fun as they are. Add a Folkmusic festival on top of that, on the largest boat and you're in for a real treat. The kilts were mainly for fun. Because most of the groups on that festival played Swedish or Finish trad, we wanted to be different, not only with our music but with appearances as well. So we dressed up in kilts to honor our Celtic music heritage :D
And Flyingcursor, yes, I do hold my flute the "wrong" way :) When I started playing whistles it felt a bit better with the right hand on top. I could probably have learned to play with the left on top but at that point I didn't care. Now I can't really change back. It's no problem cause I have a lefty flute, it's got reversed keys and everything.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

That's pretty cool though. At first glance I thought the picture had been taken in a mirror but I noticed all the other musicans would have been playing opposite handed.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
glauber

Post by glauber »

Does your band have a CD for sale?
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
MarcusR
Location: I stay in a place called 'Rooms'... There's a whole chain of them.

Post by MarcusR »

Henke wrote: Boat cruises between Sweden and Finland are great fun as they are. Add a Folkmusic festival on top of that, on the largest boat and you're in for a real treat. The kilts were mainly for fun. Because most of the groups on that festival played Swedish or Finish trad, we wanted to be different, not only with our music but with appearances as well. So we dressed up in kilts to honor our Celtic music heritage :D
Swe-Fin Boat cruises with folk music are rare, even more so for ITM,
Im sure you had a blast.
Usually the music on these cruises is quite different, and all the bands look like this:

:D
/MarcusR
Henke

Post by Henke »

glauber wrote:Does your band have a CD for sale?
Not yet Glauber. We're still a pretty new band. Our next priority is a new demo, then a website and then a full lenght cd. Hopefully, we'll have time to record the first one later this year. I'll keep you all informed of the progress.

And Marcus, it's not quite that bad, even though it's kind of close, there are often several different places to be on the regular cruises, usually there is a club on the top floor which feathures some music that people in my age tend to prefer for these occations :D In the dance bar there is music of the kind that elderly couples prefer when they go on a cruise, and there is usually a pub with a troubadour. This cruise is quite different however, it's annual. I can warmly recomend you go next year, always in January...