deleted

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Guitar Kat =^..^=
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Guitar Kat =^..^= »

MarcusR wrote:
Henke wrote: Boat cruises between Sweden and Finland are great fun as they are. Add a Folkmusic festival on top of that, on the largest boat and you're in for a real treat. The kilts were mainly for fun. Because most of the groups on that festival played Swedish or Finish trad, we wanted to be different, not only with our music but with appearances as well. So we dressed up in kilts to honor our Celtic music heritage :D
Swe-Fin Boat cruises with folk music are rare, even more so for ITM,
Im sure you had a blast.
Usually the music on these cruises is quite different, and all the bands look like this:

:D
/MarcusR
And that's why I like your guys dress. :) ;)
~~~~
Kat =^..^=
AaronMalcomb
antispam: No

Post by AaronMalcomb »

Henke, not to criticize but are those homecrafted kilts? I'm just guessing by how the drape and by the tartan. You guys should get sporrans. Without them, homecrafted kilts look more skirt-like. Or you could invest in Scottish made, wool, tartan kilts.

If your or one of the lads are around 1,9m in height and have a waist of about 85cm, send me a PM. I could have a kilt for you.

Cheers,
Aaron
Henke
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Henke »

Aaron, yes, the kilts are homecrafted, but we wore them mostly for fun, we were not very serious about it. It's not our normal costumes. I will definately consider your advice though, cause I don't know if we'll ever wear them again or not. Just wanted to say that it's not something we usually do. On this particular festival you will see lots of fun stuff mixed with very serious pure drop trad. If you're one of the smaller groups, like us, you might want to do something unusual to make people and promoters take notice of and remember you. It think it worked out alright.
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

I've worn my fair share of homecrafted kilts... senior prom seems so long ago. But once you wear a real kilt you'll never go back.

I'm sure the kilts raised quite a sensation. Last time I was in Glasgow I wore a kilt to the clubs with great success.

Cheers,
Aaron