Polluting/spamming the forums

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
jGilder
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jGilder »

MurphyStout wrote:I just wanted to voice an opinion and get a few people thinking.
MurphyStout wrote:Jaysus, you guys are making me out to be some kind of nazi.
Well... you did say you wanted to get people thinking. Image
Bloomfield
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

jGilder wrote:... This board is for everybody… not just you.
That doesn't strike me as a fair (or funny) characterization of what Murphy said.
/Bloomfield
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

Bloomfield wrote:
That doesn't strike me as a fair (or funny) characterization of what Murphy said.
MurphyStout wrote:I really don't like this recent trend and a few regulars have also shared (some of) my sentiments. So I have a few modest freaking proposals!
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

Jack (Murphy), you're my hero! If I were a gorgeous woman, I'd take you as a husband. Alas, I'm not, and kinda hairy too... My lust for mayonnaise would be, I assume, another problem we couldnt deal with in a relationship.

Some people can't handle the truth, and I love the way you can trigger so much reaction.
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

:cry: And here I was celebrating my thousandth post...
though really, more like 1700 if you add in my previous incarnation.

Now I feel so ashamed.

I vow that starting with this very post, I won't pad my march to 2000 posts with anything vacuous and insipid.

Crap..too late
Denny

Post by Denny »

MurphyStout wrote:
Alan wrote:
Denny wrote: Is okay...you're holding a flute!
I might be ok as long as I JUST hold it!
Jaysus, you guys are making me out to be some kind of nazi.
Aw Jack! We was just funnin' with ya...
Karina

Post by Karina »

Azalin wrote:Jack (Murphy), you're my hero! If I were a gorgeous woman, I'd take you as a husband. Alas, I'm not, and kinda hairy too... My lust for mayonnaise would be, I assume, another problem we couldnt deal with in a relationship.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I debated with myself about replying to this thread. I don't bother with stuff like that, most of the time. Personally, I agree with Jack, though he could be more tactful in the way he says things. But that's not his personality. He's still a nice guy. I'd like to suggest that perhaps one of the biggest problems we have, in general, is simply assuming the worst of anyone--that they're an obnoxious bigot, recorder-lover, whatever--instead of trying to assume the best. We may not always be right when we do that, but it prevents a lot of unnecessary offense. Instead of trying to take whatever anyone says with a malicious intent, assume you misunderstood their intent and they really ARE human, after all. This goes both ways and applies to all people. Just my two cents. *yawn* I'm bored with my post. That's why I let the other people do the talking.
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Azalin wrote:Jack (Murphy), you're my hero! If I were a gorgeous woman, I'd take you as a husband. Alas, I'm not, and kinda hairy too... My lust for mayonnaise would be, I assume, another problem we couldnt deal with in a relationship.
Heeheehee. :D I miss you guys, come visit London! Or maybe I can make it to another Willie Clancy week in a year or two..
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

This might escape the reckoning of newcomers, but this thread reminds me of the ol' days. Like 'It's Sickening" and "Farewell, Friends and Morons." Nyuk. Kinda edgy, some offense taken, some mutual admiration. That's the spirit, chiffsters.

Oh yes, and certainly errant pedantry.....I guess...whatever that really means.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

Some people can't handle the truth, and I love the way you can trigger so much reaction.
So what is "the truth" exactly then, Azalin -- that you have latent erotic feelings towards Murphy? Does Jack trigger a reaction in you? Come on -- you can talk about it here instead of playing with your flute -- I don't think it will be too boring for Murphy. He's probably very interested... if you know what I mean. Image
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

emmline wrote:Slude is...how's that go?...taking the mickey on us.
:really: Moi? I would never take the mickey bliss on anyone. That would be rude (and fairly disgusting). I have been known, however, to take the mickey out of folks (though that's still fairly disgusting when you think about it).

Let me just say that I'm glad the world (including C&F) is not as unchanging and stifling as some would seem to prefer.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

The Weekenders wrote:This might escape the reckoning of newcomers, but this thread reminds me of the ol' days. Like 'It's Sickening" and "Farewell, Friends and Morons." Nyuk. Kinda edgy, some offense taken, some mutual admiration. That's the spirit, chiffsters.

Oh, Weeks, dear. It's arrant, not errant. ;) "Arrant pedantry" as in "complete small-minded niggliness"
/Bloomfield
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

jGilder wrote:
Bloomfield wrote:
MurphyStout wrote:I really don't like this recent trend and a few regulars have also shared (some of) my sentiments. So I have a few modest freaking proposals!
MurphyStout wrote:I feel that I should say that this is a very nice place and I like most of the people on it and I love just about everyone I've met in person. I just wish that the pollution and spamming would stop.
/Bloomfield
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

The Weekenders wrote:This might escape the reckoning of newcomers, but this thread reminds me of the ol' days. Like 'It's Sickening" and "Farewell, Friends and Morons." Nyuk. Kinda edgy, some offense taken, some mutual admiration. That's the spirit, chiffsters.
THAT'S IT!!! I knew all of this reminded me of something. It was the "good old days" on C&F when people were venting about the conglomeration of OT's on the whistle forum and the newbies who didn't know when to shut up. Gee. . .feels just like the other day. :wink:

And, Murph, I know you don't know me. But from what I can tell, you still seem like a decent chap. And, fwiw, I don't think you're a Nazi either. A little opinionated, maybe. But a Nazi? Never. :)

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Bloomfield wrote:

Oh, Weeks, dear. It's arrant, not errant. ;) "Arrant pedantry" as in "complete small-minded niggliness"
You used the N-word!!!!!! :boggle:
How do you prepare for the end of the world?