Polluting/spamming the forums

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Tyghress wrote: Edit:
Not to play devil's advocate or anything, but I just did an hour+ poking around....there isn't as much of this behavior as I thought there was. I think I'm just supersensitive to when it happens. Like the mosquito buzzing around your head...it doesn't have to be constant, but it sure is an annoyance when it happens.

I did happen to come across a thread that illustrates my point exactly, though. A question was posted...there were thirteen posts responding... three of those posts -- THREE -- were on topic. TEN were witticisms of one form or another. This is the problem that sticks in my mind.
Perhaps the people posting the witticisms are finding that part of the thread interesting.
Cotelette d'Agneau
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

One of life's *****-*****! Good heavens! I thought that was supposed to be a good thing.
emmline wrote:If you build it, I'll be there!
Me, too! But I don't argue in person, so emmline and I can explore the castle while you all are arguing. Or you can argue, emmline. I can't explore spooky rooms on my own though. :lol:
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Oh no. Now we're in trouble. I think. Lamby, are we in trouble? I'm just making it worse aren't I?
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

I'm sorry, Cynth, but I don't understand quite what is going on. I would risk appearing to be pretending to be innocent or to misunderstand, and that annoys everyone.

I've resolved not to annoy everyone, as you well know.

Perhaps if you explained in detail what has transpired, I can study up on it enough to be able to post something that is very serious.

I think I lost it somewhere in the middle of Steve's Cornish castle thread. If you could sum up briefly what went before that, then in detail from that point on, it would help.

Oh, and please PM me the meaning of ******-*******.
Cotelette d'Agneau
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Oh, yes.

Cliff's Notes. Very good. (Sorry, Tyg. You'll just have to grit your teeth and soldier through.)

Best wishes,
Jerry
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Jerry Freeman wrote:Oh, yes.

Cliff's Notes. Very good. (Sorry, Tyg. You'll just have to grit your teeth and soldier through.)

Best wishes,
Jerry
Are you mocking me? :-?

I'm trying to do the best I can.
Cotelette d'Agneau
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Wombat wrote:No, it had even less focus than that. We got a list of places you can hear ITM if you don't have a record collection. What's that got to do with the Pub? (And while you're at it, why not a list of kwela records?)
The forums don't, of necessity pertain to just ITM, though there is certainly justifiedly extensive discussion of the matter. Your mention of Kwela is an excellent indication that whistle music is wider than just the Irish traditions.
Wombat wrote:Also there was a reference to how much better it was 3 years ago. There was no pub three years ago.
Even the renowned Cutie Pie Thread started off as a serious discussion of the subject of political correctitude.
Reasonable person
Walden
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Lamby, I'm laughing too hard to answer you now. This is one of the funnniest strings of responses I have ever come across. :lol:
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

Walden wrote: Even the renowned Cutie Pie Thread started off as a serious discussion of the subject of political correctitude.
Another successful attempt at threadjacking?
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Will O'B wrote:
Walden wrote: Even the renowned Cutie Pie Thread started off as a serious discussion of the subject of political correctitude.
So it would seem. :really:
Cotelette d'Agneau
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Lambchop wrote:

Best wishes,
Jerry

No. Definitely not mocking you. I am only trying to make some humor out of how complex and subtle this thread seems to be, at least to my poor comprehension. A good discussion though, I would have to say.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Jerry Freeman wrote:
Lambchop wrote:

Best wishes,
Jerry

No. Definitely not mocking you. I am only trying to make some humor out of how complex and subtle this thread seems to be, at least to my poor comprehension. A good discussion though, I would have to say.

Best wishes,
Jerry

That's a relief.

Cliff Notes to Life. That's what I've always wished I had. I never understand what's going on until it's too late. By then, people have either decided I'm mentally deficient, or that I'm nuts, or they're mad at me because they think I'm playing around. But I'm just confused all the time . . . very slightly confused with this little time-delay in understanding social situations.
Cotelette d'Agneau
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Walden wrote:Even the renowned Cutie Pie Thread started off as a serious discussion of the subject of political correctitude.
You are correct, sir. But it was a good kind of threadjacking....
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Jerry Freeman wrote:how complex and subtle this thread seems to be
Especially the last two pages. :lol: Man, I believe we have plumbed the depths of both subtle and complex here. Oh mercy!!
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

Lambchop wrote:But I'm just confused all the time . . . very slightly confused with this little time-delay in understanding social situations.
Lambchop wrote:
Will O'B wrote:
So it would seem. :really:
Finally . . . something understandable. I'm really not trying to be rude with that response, but here you are treating me the same crappy way that you believe others are treating you when you don't pick up on stuff quickly enough. It's interesting that folks who claim to be singled out for unfair treatment generally have no empathy for anyone else who they later find in their shoes. I wonder why that is, Lambchop?

Here's another one for you to ponder: [edited to delete the rest of my response which just sounds unnecessarily mean -- which is not my intent.]

If you would like to continue this in a p.m. you may discover that we have more in common than you think. Or, if not, that's your choice.

No hard feelings, :)
Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!