Amars Tattoo

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

what colour is it ?

Red
19%
Pink
21%
very pink
17%
extremely pink
44%

Total votes: 48

Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Cynth wrote:You know, I never thought to try that. It sounds like quite a good idea. I often use detergent, which I know is too harsh and which strips too much of the oils out of wool.
You can oil it again. A few drops of mineral oil in a sink of water . . . squeeze through until evenly distributed. If it's a delicate woolen, so that you don't want it to be "oily," mix a few drops of mineral oil in with the shampoo and water. As you wash the garment, it will restore the oils.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Lambchop wrote:Besides, I thought only male lambs . . . got invited to Sunday dinner. Girl lambs are sweet and cuddly and . . . better at other things.
:lol: :lol: ... I sense a bad 'sheep joke' on the verge of happening. See how your tatoo has driven us to stoop to this awful level of humor in poor taste (...except the rack of lamb, yummy!) Amar?
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

this is a good thread-hijack! :D
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Joseph E. Smith wrote: :lol: :lol: ... I sense a bad 'sheep joke' on the verge of happening. See how your tatoo has driven us to stoop to this awful level of humor in poor taste (...except the rack of lamb, yummy!) Amar?
Sheep jokes? Sheep jokes?

What could there be about sheep to joke about? Insult to injury . . . first you threaten to eat me and then you threaten me with . . . jokes!

The indignity of it all . . . sniff. :cry:

Sigh. Well, Joseph, I suppose if there were anything to joke about, you'd know all about it, being as how you're in the veterinary industry. First-hand experience, no doubt.
Joseph E. Smith

Lambchop wrote:Sigh. Well, Joseph, I suppose if there were anything to joke about, you'd know all about it, being as how you're in the veterinary industry. First-hand experience, no doubt.
... one would think so, but I learned all of the sheep jokes I know from sitting at the corner of a bar. :D
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
Lambchop wrote:Sigh. Well, Joseph, I suppose if there were anything to joke about, you'd know all about it, being as how you're in the veterinary industry. First-hand experience, no doubt.
... one would think so, but I learned all of the sheep jokes I know from sitting at the corner of a bar. :D
I know a few sheep jokes, but they're all derogatory to Aggies (Texas A&M) and not fit for a family forum. :wink:

Ooh, wait! Here's one for Nano...

"Minnesota: Where the men are men, and the sheep are nervous."
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by missy »

jsluder wrote:

Funny - I heard that as North Carolina..............
running.......dodging thrown objects............
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

missy wrote:jsluder wrote:

Funny - I heard that as North Carolina..............
Over here they get told about the Principality just to the west of England. Which reminds me, where is Perrins57 all of a sudden? Seems to have lost interest in this thread for some reason. :poke:
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

i'm sure you all know the joke with highlanders, sheep, cliffs...and so on... :wink:
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

amar wrote:i'm sure you all know the joke with highlanders, sheep, cliffs...and so on... :wink:
Joke? I thought that was a history lesson.
(BTW, my name is John)
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

….and why is it that light red get’s own name “pink” when light green, light purple, light blue and yellow do not?
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

I.D.10-t wrote:….and why is it that light red get’s own name “pink” when light green, light purple, light blue and yellow do not?
light green = dron, light purple = parn, light blue = flad, and light yellow = fren. I thought everybody knew that.

Any more things you want a sound for?
(BTW, my name is John)
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

I.D.10-t wrote:….and why is it that light red get’s own name “pink” when light green, light purple, light blue and yellow do not?
Pink is more a tint of red than it is just light red. You don't get pink by just decreasing the amount of red, but by adding white, hence, a "tint.' Pink isn't light red, therefore. Not really. I don't think.

The corresponding tint of purple is lavender. The tint of blue is baby blue. The tint of yellow is butter (or baby yellow) The tint of green is . . . umm . . . celery, mint (although it pains me to use that word), or baby green.
Joseph E. Smith

Lambchop wrote: The tint of green is . . . umm . . . celery, mint (although it pains me to use that word), or baby green.
... or that favorite from the 60's and 70's........ avacado. :D
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
Lambchop wrote: The tint of green is . . . umm . . . celery, mint (although it pains me to use that word), or baby green.
... or that favorite from the 60's and 70's........ avacado. :D
Otherwise known as "baby puke green".
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."