Part-time Employment Opportunity

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Doug_Tipple
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Part-time Employment Opportunity

Post by Doug_Tipple »

hans wrote:
Doug_Tipple wrote:Sometimes people ask me to accept a payment for a flute by depositing money into my bank account. I don't do that, although I understand that some flutemakers do. Instead, there are many other safer ways to send or receive money, such as paypal, MoneyGrams, American Express, or international money orders in USD drawn on an USA bank.
Why won't you accept money deposited directly into your bank account?
Do you think revealing your account number could be misused? Can it?
Is the withdrawal of money from the account not well protected enough,
that one needs to guard one's account number as well as password and PIN number?
Just curious.
Hello Hans, in order to deposit money into a banking account in the USA you need the bank's routing code, which appears on the bottom of your checks, and the account number. Maybe I am overly paranoid about this, but I would rather not send both of these numbers over the internet or over the telephone. There are provisions for fraud when it comes to credit card misuse, but your personal checking account has less protection against fraud and requires greater security, in my opinion. I would rather have funds deposited into my online banking account (paypal), where I generally only keep a small balance. The only information that a person needs to deposit into my paypal account is my email address. Others may be able to answer your question better than I can.
Last edited by Doug_Tipple on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

Ha. Mine's better - I don't have to do any work at all:
Attention: Beneficiary,
RE: US$7,000,000:00 INHERITANCE FUNDS

I am Barrister James B. Charles. Sequel to the meeting held on 23rd November, 2009. I write to inform you that British Government and Members of the Parliament have authorized me to contact you for your late relative’s fund of US$7,000,000:00.This was deposited by your late relative Miss. Rosa before he died in April 2008. Though Fund Ownership Certificate had been issued to you by the British Government which I am sending along to you in an attached file for your record purpose and for claiming the above funds through Financial Broker in Washington, U.S.A

You are advice to re-confirm your following details for more directives:-

1. Full names
2. Address
3. Private telephone
4. Fax numbers
5. Occupation
6. Age

Regards,

Barrister James B. Charles

I have a strange relative "he" is named "Miss Rosa" :lol: :lol:
Charlene
Denny

Post by Denny »

Doug_Tipple wrote:Denny, I wonder how many people understand your postscript: subduction leads to orogeny? Of course, when I was studying geology back in the sixties, you wouldn't have heard that expression either. There was no mention of plate techtonics.
dunno....had to look it up myself :tomato:

It was mentioned as a bumper sticker somewhere else,
I liked it, I stole it....I'm so into cross pollination. :really:
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

Denny wrote:
Doug_Tipple wrote:Denny, I wonder how many people understand your postscript: subduction leads to orogeny? Of course, when I was studying geology back in the sixties, you wouldn't have heard that expression either. There was no mention of plate techtonics.

I've heard of subduction but not orogeny. The things one learns on this forum!
Charlene
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Charlene wrote:
Denny wrote:

I've heard of subduction but not orogeny. The things one learns on this forum!
Hi Charlene, you on the West Coast need to learn about orogeny. It may have survival value. OK, let me spell it out for ya. When the Pacific plate dives under (subducts) the continental plate, it becomes molten and looks for avenues of escape, which means erupting vocanoes, faulting (earthquakes and tsunamis), and mountain building.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

I almost never get offers like this, so I truly appreciate when they are posted here. :D
Cotelette d'Agneau