Revolutionary new breakthrough!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Mitch
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Revolutionary new breakthrough!

Post by Mitch »

I've been watching my television lately. A thing I avoid more or less successfully these days. Something has happenned that I'm sure is a global phenomenon, but to be sure, I was hoping the many nations represented here could confirm.

Apparently, there is a new substance that is being added to consumable products. It's called:

"Fallonga"

I think that's how it's spelled (pronounced fah-lon-gah).

It is being added to all sorts of things - from breakfast cereals to hair removal products to toilet cleaners.

For example;
* Breakfast cereals now make you "full a fallonga"
* Hair removal wax can make you "smooth a fallonga"
* Toilet cleaners make your toilet "clean a fallonga"

What other examples have you observed in your part of the world?

What might this strange substance be?
Last edited by Mitch on Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
MTGuru

Re: Revolutionary new breakthrough!

Post by MTGuru »

The logical place to start is to ask what these three things have in common. In my case, it is clearly Guinness stout - which serves admirably for irrigating my morning cornflakes, disinfecting my bowl, and removing hair from regions that are absolutely none of your bleedin' business. So your fallonga is apparently some sort of robust dark ale. There, no need to thank me, Mitch. Next question. :P
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Hmmm - you could be onto something here. I like the optimism underlying your answer .. but I just saw that Fallonga is also used in interior wall-paint (better protection fallonga).. Guinness only ever gets on my walls after about a dozen of them, and it is anything but easy-cleaning .. and there's no shaggy English sheepdog for miles :-?

What I'm after is some kind of key to undo the cypher that is "Add-World".

Add-World has perplexed me for ages. The rules of physics and behavor are askew to what I was taught in school (including the school of hard knocks).

For instance - in add world:

* A sheep lives in a kitchen cupboard and pops the door open to advise people about home loans.

* A fish lies around on kitchen surfaces and advises people about electronic air-freshenning devices.

* A woman uses a quarter chicken to wipe-down stuff.

* Everything is electric in Add-World - including the feather-duster.

* Cows do Irish dancing.

What is Add-World like in your part of the plannet? And what is Fallonga used for where you live?
All the best!

mitch
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Damnit.

I'm going to start a new thread about Add-World.

The time has come, and I'm in one of those rare "new thread" moods.
All the best!

mitch
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

I believe that this product originated in China, and despite the best efforts of the Peoples' government, it is now spreading around the world.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
dwest

Post by dwest »

Fallonga=umami, in the oriental food section, top shelf with the other sauces, dairy section with the desert toppings, cleaning section with the ammonia, pharmacy section with the liquid bandages.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

dwest wrote:umami

Hey! Your mammy!
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Dale wrote:
dwest wrote:umami

Hey! Your mammy!
Tasteless. :P
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

We knew it was getting near Christmas when we saw ads for three new battery-powered kitchen devices to clutter up your drawers with, an electric can opener, an electric jar opener, and something else electric that I forget what it opened. Milk and juice cartons probably.

Granted if you have poor hand control or weak muscles these might be useful, but you wouldn't want to wait for Christmas before getting those containers open.
Roderick [Rod] Sprague IV

Post by Roderick [Rod] Sprague IV »

I looked up fallonga on a couple of search engines. The only reference that made sense using fallonga exactly as it was spelled here was the link right back to this page. There were lots of links to Fallon GA (Georgia), but I have trouble imagining how you would put that in products.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Mitch wrote: * A sheep lives in a kitchen cupboard and pops the door open to advise people about home loans.
I'll admit living in a cupboard is a bit much, but I'm not sure what's so unusual about advice from a sheep. Here, we take advice on car insurance from a gecko.
Cotelette d'Agneau
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Lambchop wrote:
Mitch wrote: * A sheep lives in a kitchen cupboard and pops the door open to advise people about home loans.
I'll admit living in a cupboard is a bit much, but I'm not sure what's so unusual about advice from a sheep. Here, we take advice on car insurance from a gecko.
Hey - that gecko really gets around!

Here, he advertises a brand of car-tire. He must be related to someone in the car industry.
All the best!

mitch
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Lambchop wrote: I'll admit living in a cupboard is a bit much....
A bit much! Why, when I was lamb we'd have counted ourselves lucky to have had even a share of a corner of the lowest kitchen drawer that was always stuck! The one containing empty paper bags, short bits of string, an' a box of seven wooden matches; five of them already burnt! We used to dream about cupboards! "Oh, if only we lived in a luvely big cupboard", we'd say, and then our mothers would wash our mouthes out with soap. If we had any soap, which we never ever did!
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

There is a premium on fresh fallonga here in the USA. I guess people find stale fallonga sorta old and boring. Anyway, I have plasticware here to keep fresh fallonga.

Tyg
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe