Post Your 2012 Predictions

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Post Your 2012 Predictions

Post by missy »

cboody wrote:
missy wrote:
Charlene wrote:I predict that on December 21, 2012, nothing unusual will happen, and the world will still be around on December 22, 2012.
Especially in Cincinnati (see previous post).

Some of us will come to Cincinnati in March for a week of eating, talking and playing music.... Others will not.
That's cool - what ya coming for?

Oh, and Cincinnati will host the world choir games in July.
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Thomaston
antispam: No

Post by Thomaston »

Thomaston wrote:I officially predict mass suicides and possibly even suicide cults springing up because of the Mayan calendar. Also, war with Iran, and maybe even another east coast quake.
But on a happier note, iPad 3 and a pregnant Kate Middleton!
Time to review your predictions. Although I called the royal baby, I'm glad to see there appears to be enough sense left in the world to keep the suicide cults from popping up so far.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Cults are just boring. And who would believe some shmoe who says he has the goods? For that I should believe another human being? I mean, seriously. If the world's to end, a cult isn't going to help anything anyway. So maybe there is some sense left in the world after all.

Me, I intend to party on the 21st *as if* there's no tomorrow. And then I will smirk when I greet the next day.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
cboody

Post by cboody »

1) U.S. politicians will continue to procrastinate about the budget (and everything else) until the last possible minute without doing anything and will then find a solution that continues to provide big money with bigger money.

2) America will discover that the new health care plans do indeed cover more people for less, but will result in higher insurance costs that no one expected because coverage costs will go up.

3) Princess Kate will get pregnant. WAIT! she already is! Well, someone else that is a public figure will get pregnant.

4) Tough issues will continue to be ignored. Simple ones will be made complex.

That is to say life will continue the was it is now.

I hope it will be good for all of you.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

It was announced on BBC radio: "The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall are pregnant!"
Really? The Duke as well? That IS news.

On the 21st December I'll be at the Bear Feast. The world can end if it likes. We'll keep doing what we're doing. :D
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
cboody

Post by cboody »

missy wrote:
cboody wrote:
missy wrote:
Some of us will come to Cincinnati in March for a week of eating, talking and playing music.... Others will not.
That's cool - what ya coming for?

Oh, and Cincinnati will host the world choir games in July.
A vist with friends, the "Kitchen Musicians" Sara and Maynard Johnson who live there. Usually another couple from N.C., Theresa and Ed Gebauer come up too we talk too much, eat too well, and play some music too. Three Hammered Dulcimers in the room! Maybe that's why I tend to play English Concertina or Whistle...