CP: Howard Low whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ambaiste

CP: Howard Low whistles

Post by ambaiste »

We are celebrating 30 years of making the Howard Low Whistles. We would like to thank all our customers for their support over the years.
sfmans
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a whistle player for over 40 years now, which is a sobering thought. I got started on a battered old Generation D and, well, just never stopped really!

Current gigs are The Powderkegs border morris, the concert band Trebuchet with our music theatre show The Mill Ballads www.themillballads.com, and Welsh dance band Caffl.

Re: CP Howard Low whistles

Post by sfmans »

Wow, congratulations.

I was an (entirely fortuitously) early adopter, and bought mine from either the Early Music Shop that briefly existed on the Whitham Road in Sheffield or the other music shop that was in Walkley. In fact I must have been a very early adopter because I moved away from Sheffield in '86.

A great, sonorous whistle, even better with the Mark II replacement head you produced, and it gave me many years good service in sessions and ceilidhs. My main low whistle now is a Goldie Overton, but my Howard low D got me started on playing the instrument and for that it will always have a special place in my affection.

I shall play a few tunes tonight on my Howard as a toast to your anniversary!
DickB
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: CP Howard Low whistles

Post by DickB »

The Howard was also my first low D, so my initial introduction to learning the pipers' grip. :D
I now have a Burke and an MK, but even though they may be somewhat louder and easier to get to some notes, I still like the wonderful sound of the Howard, so it still gets played and appreciated.
Dick
wizzywig

Re: CP: Howard Low whistles

Post by wizzywig »

Comment removed. Please review the "Pepsi Rule", CCCP #1. Thanks. - Moderator