What Whistle Is This?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ytliek
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

What Whistle Is This?

Post by ytliek »

Is there any further info available about this whistle? Maker, key, etc.?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANDREA-CORRS- ... SS:US:3160

Is it legitimate?
AlexD
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: What Whistle Is This?

Post by AlexD »

Maybe, it looks like they sold some used instruments once upon a time as a promotional when they were getting started.

http://www.thecorrs.org/disco/rarities/instruments.html

*edit* Looking at some of the seller's other listings it seems they have quite the variety of collectors memorabilia including autographed/signed photos from the Corrs and a massive number of other stuff, so could very well be.
Owner of Hermit Hill Folk Instruments - http://www.hhfi.biz
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

I think it's not the first time this (or something similar) has been up.

And (added) it isn't : Andrea Corr and her whistle, old thread
My brain hurts

ytliek

Post by ytliek »

The seller replied to my query on the eThingy and there is no information available about the authenticity. Not even whether its a Feadóg whistle nor key named. Thank you for the old thread. Corr or Picard whistles... I'm just glad I'm not a collector. :D
whistlecollector

Post by whistlecollector »

ytliek wrote:The seller replied to my query on the eThingy and there is no information available about the authenticity. Not even whether its a Feadóg whistle nor key named. Thank you for the old thread. Corr or Picard whistles... I'm just glad I'm not a collector. :D
Well, here's one collector of whistles that won't be touching that auction with a pole of any length you care to name. I don't know who "Andrea Corr" is, but is apparently well known. In any event, it looks like you get a random whistle that the seller says was played by this girl. No story, no c.o.a., no signed documentation, you don't even get the photo that may or may not be of the whistle being sold.

The now ten year old thread already linked to was indeed instructive, as well as humorous. I can see absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe this seller's fish story, unless he comes up with some evidence.

Cheers
-- A tin whistle a day keeps the racketts at bay.

-- WhOAD Survivor No. 11373
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

whistlecollector wrote:I don't know who "Andrea Corr" is, but is apparently well known.
:shock: OMG! :shock:

You did fill out the questionnaire when you signed up for this forum, didn't you?

There are very few prerequisites to participate in this forum. A familiarity with Andrea Corr and the effects from playing whistles on speeding motorbikes is one of them, or so I thought. :D

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
whistlecollector

Feadoggie wrote:
whistlecollector wrote:I don't know who "Andrea Corr" is, but is apparently well known.

You did fill out the questionnaire when you signed up for this forum, didn't you?
I sure did! And I thought I made clear at the time I don't give a fiddler's f*rt who the players are -- just show me the whistles!!! :D
Feadoggie wrote:There are very few prerequisites to participate in this forum. A familiarity with Andrea Corr and the effects from playing whistles on speeding motorbikes is one of them, or so I thought. :D Feadoggie
Well, we live and we learn! I did go have a listen, though. Lovely playing.

Cheers

ytliek

Post by ytliek »

Well, O K... just a peek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Dtb5U8Upw

Now how bout that whistling and I don't even care what shade of lipstick that is!

But I'm not looking for a scolding today for furthering this... I know my place in the pecking order. :lol:
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Feadoggie wrote:

whistlecollector, please see me after class. You're looking at 3 days detention unless your 500 word essay is on my desk by 5 PM, entitled "Andrea Corr: Great Whistler or The Greatest Whistler?" I might also accept a mathematical proof of the Doppler Effect instead, if it includes a mathematical proof of Andrea Corr.
whistlecollector wrote:I don't give a fiddler's f*rt who the players are
Seriously? :really:
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

whistlecollector wrote:I don't give a fiddler's f*rt who the players are -- just show me the whistles!!!
Andrea Corr may be the one whistler that proves the theory that "it's not about the whistle". I've never seen a five dollar whistle look nor sound quite as nice as one does when she is playing it. Then again I may be blinded a bit, you know, those sisters of hers are fine musicians too. Oh, and there's a brother you say? Really? Where? :)

Nice to end the year with a few of Corrs videos. Thanks, ytliek.

Feadoggie
whistlecollector

MTGuru wrote:
Feadoggie wrote:

whistlecollector, please see me after class. You're looking at 3 days detention unless your 500 word essay is on my desk by 5 PM, entitled "Andrea Corr: Great Whistler or The Greatest Whistler?" I might also accept a mathematical proof of the Doppler Effect instead, if it includes a mathematical proof of Andrea Corr.
Ya. Maybe "Cute Whistler or The Cutest Whistler"!! :wink: I think Teacher's got a crush on Miss Corr! :love:

ytliek

Post by ytliek »

One last vid, and yes, its a slow day here... but what I want to know is why there isn't a prerequisite for whistle performers that when "live" they toss a whistle into the crowd like guitarists flipping picks and drummers tossing sticks. Its only a Feadóg or Gen whistle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8WODG-KO50
675,685 hits on YouTube and half of them are mine :D When I started learning Trad someone around here said listen, listen, listen, so... I listen.

Get in line for the AC Crush... where's SantaC. when I need him. :)
Feadoggie

Post by Feadoggie »

She can dance too? While she plays!
ytliek wrote:but what I want to know is why there isn't a prerequisite for whistle performers that when "live" they toss a whistle into the crowd like guitarists flipping picks and drummers tossing sticks. Its only a Feadóg or Gen whistle.
Ah, but it is a "good" Feadog or Gen. Those are impossible to come by, or so it has been said, on the Internet no less. Has to be true.

And you won't see any guitarists throwing their Blue Chip picks into the crowd http://shop.bluechippick.net/products/Jazz100-LG.html Depends on the level of the player I suppose. I'd think Rick Nielsen uses a less expensive pick. How many picks has that man thrown into the crowd?

Feadoggie
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

Listening, playing and collecting are three entirely different disciplines. I prefer them in that order.
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde