FS: Alba Low G Standard

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mikethebook
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

FS: Alba Low G Standard

Post by Mikethebook »

benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: FS: Alba Low G Standard

Post by benhall.1 »

I presume this is the G between high d and low D, is it?
Mikethebook
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Post by Mikethebook »

It is!
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.

Post by benhall.1 »

Aha. I have the low low A Alba, almost an octave below this whistle of yours. It's superb. I wondered if this might be the G below my A, but clearly not. Still worth considering ...
Mikethebook

Post by Mikethebook »

Don't think Alba do a low low G!
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

Mikethebook wrote:Don't think Alba do a low low G!
It would be one helluva beast if they did! :o
jkrazy52
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jkrazy52 »

If you asked Stacey for a low, low G she might consider it. She always seemed willing to experiment to me.
Mikethebook

Post by Mikethebook »

SOLD