Music prayer...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Whistling Pops
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Music prayer...

Post by Whistling Pops »

Does anyone know where I could find this beautiful tune in whistle tab (Filled in holes)? I can't read music yet, though I plan to work on learning to. But I would love to get this song in tab so I could start learning it. I think it is one of the most beautiful tunes I have ever heard. I play it in my head all day. :)
A flock of crows can bring an eagle down...but it doesn't make the eagle any less.
osage59
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by osage59 »

My playing skills aren't so robust where I learn new tunes that quickly - but I'll sure send out some positive thoughts to all of you as I practice.
Feadan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Feadan »

Whistling Pops wrote:Does anyone know where I could find this beautiful tune in whistle tab (Filled in holes)? I can't read music yet, though I plan to work on learning to. But I would love to get this song in tab so I could start learning it. I think it is one of the most beautiful tunes I have ever heard. I play it in my head all day. :)
I'll put it together later tonight and let you know. I'm pretty sure I still have that whistle tab font on my PC. Thanks so much!
Whistling Pops

Post by Whistling Pops »

Feadan wrote:
Whistling Pops wrote:Does anyone know where I could find this beautiful tune in whistle tab (Filled in holes)? I can't read music yet, though I plan to work on learning to. But I would love to get this song in tab so I could start learning it. I think it is one of the most beautiful tunes I have ever heard. I play it in my head all day. :)
I'll put it together later tonight and let you know. I'm pretty sure I still have that whistle tab font on my PC. Thanks so much!
Thank you very much. You and your lovely daughter are in my prayers.
A flock of crows can bring an eagle down...but it doesn't make the eagle any less.
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

Here is the whistle tab. Please, anybody, let me know if I screwed it up anywhere and I'll make corrections. And osage, thank you as well. My earlier reply was typing on my iPad on the train with dodgy wireless so I had to be hasty. Didn't mean to leave you out of the gratitude! :)
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Feadan wrote:Please, anybody, let me know if I screwed it up anywhere and I'll make corrections.
The tab for e in Bar 14 is missing the + sign. Otherwise, looks good.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

MTGuru wrote:The tab for e in Bar 14 is missing the + sign. Otherwise, looks good.
Thanks for spotting that! Just made the correction and tried to increase the resolution a bit as well.
Whistling Pops

Post by Whistling Pops »

Practicing this is the most fun I have had with the whistle! Even though I am a beginner I can play a couple of lines already. :D
Celticexile

Post by Celticexile »

Heard, enjoyed and now learning.
My prayers with yours for your Evlin Rose.
killthemessenger

Post by killthemessenger »

Feadan, best wishes for your daughter's recovery.

[ Edit - Mod ]
In the land of the iron sausage
The torture never stops.
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

Thanks very much for the well wishes, killthemessenger. I'm very pleased for the prayers and thoughts of all, so thanks to you too, riverman. :)
Last edited by Feadan on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killthemessenger

Post by killthemessenger »

Feadan, my ex-wife (mother of my daughter) died of cancer recently because she decided to trust in the power of prayer rather than get any treatment. Evidently she preferred sainthood to seeing her daughter grow up. So best, and most sincere, wishes for your daughter's recovery - but I hope you're getting her proper medical attention. Playing the whistle isn't going to do it.

[ Edit - Mod ]
In the land of the iron sausage
The torture never stops.
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

PLEASE let's not turn this thread for my daughter's recovery onto a religion flame war!
PLEASE! I don't want this thread to get locked because folks can't agree to disagree and just play nice.
I have enough stress going on right now, thank you. Please don't add to it by dissing good intentions of replies here. If you take exception to posts then read another thread or take it up with the poster via a PM.

Thanks,
DdlB
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Don't worry Feadan. Thread will just be taken for a little gentle dusting and emerge again good as new. I continue to send good wishes.
riverman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by riverman »

I apologize to everyone for being inflammatory with my last post. It is not my intention to antagonize people.
"Whoever comes to me I will never drive away." --Jesus Christ.