Burke's Cleaning Instructions

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
joey_schu
antispam: No

Burke's Cleaning Instructions

Post by joey_schu »

Hey everyone,

'Wondering if someone could help me out. I'm on the road for a gig so I'm away from my files - want to polish up my brass Burke's before the stage. Been so long, though, that I can't remember what he recommends using (as written on the sheet he sends with new whistles). I've seen the other threads about brass cleaning, but I'm looking for what Micheal himself recommends. I know he's a super busy guy, so I thought I'd check here first. Can someone with that sheet please check for me?

Thanks!

-Joey
Folk312
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: Burke's Cleaning Instructions

Post by Folk312 »

Hi Joey,

I have emailed you a PDF file with the cleaning instructions.
joey_schu

Post by joey_schu »

PERFECT! THANKS!
ecohawk

Post by ecohawk »

Is there any way to acquire these instructions? I've phoned and sent email to Burke through the contact info on their website but received no response. I acquired a really nice pre-owned Narrow Bore D through a C&F member (no documents included) but I would like to know how to care for it.

Thanks,
Michael

Folk312 wrote:Hi Joey,

I have emailed you a PDF file with the cleaning instructions.
"Never get one of those cheap tin whistles. It leads to much harder drugs like pipes and flutes." - anon
Folk312

Post by Folk312 »

Hi Michael,

When I contacted Burke Whistles about the cleaning instructions though the website, I did not receive any confirmation that they received my request either. However, about 10 days later I received the document by mail to my home address in The Netherlands, which was great.

Assuming my email did not reach anyone I had already posted a request for the instructions on the forum and Mr. Burke send me the instructions as a pdf document.

I've emailed you the PDF file.
ecohawk

Post by ecohawk »

Thanks so much folk312,

I appreciate your help. The instructions were very, well, instructive. I have nothing against Burke at all. I love the whistle but it's been more than a month ago that I tried to contact them so maybe I wasn't persistent enough. I'm certain to buy another Burke whistle someday though. They're great instruments.

Michael
Folk312 wrote:Hi Michael,

When I contacted Burke Whistles about the cleaning instructions though the website, I did not receive any confirmation that they received my request either. However, about 10 days later I received the document by mail to my home address in The Netherlands, which was great.

Assuming my email did not reach anyone I had already posted a request for the instructions on the forum and Mr. Burke send me the instructions as a pdf document.

I've emailed you the PDF file.
"Never get one of those cheap tin whistles. It leads to much harder drugs like pipes and flutes." - anon
cboody

Post by cboody »

It would be nice if someone would get permission to post those instructions somewhere... I suspect lots of folks could benefit from them.
Whistler from Oz
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a whistle and fiddle player, just getting back into session music now. I play a variety of instruments and love sharing the sound with others. As many of you may experience, the music is a spiritual connection and sacred time for me. The hand of the giver is never empty as they say. Blessings to all. Aaron

Post by Whistler from Oz »

Hi there

I've purchased a Burke low G brass second hand, which has darkened significantly in the 3 weeks I have owned it.

I'd love to get a copy of these cleaning instructions also if possible?

Many thanks
Whistler from Oz
"Blessings to all"
iwanttotoot
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by iwanttotoot »

One whistle I ended up keeping was a burke I bought brand new and I have the instructions, I don't see a copyright so I assume it's ok to post it for the benefit of others.

http://www.box.net/shared/4l7cb9k0rn