Serpent Whistle Review

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tyghress
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tyghress »

On 2002-11-24 09:59, JessieK wrote:
On 2002-11-24 06:03, wizzy wrote:
One small point, I feel that who ever recives a whistle for review,should put it up for sale, and give the cash to the hunger
site!
:sad:
Stace
For the record, Bill solicited my review and included return postage in the package. After I reviewed the whistle, I packed it up and sent it back to him. He offered me a production whistle at no cost and I have not taken him up on his offer.

~Jessie
Ditto. Previous prototype that I mentioned (the Ralph Sweet prototype) I bought outright yesterday. No freebies here!

Bill, if there has beena significant change, and you're looking to get an updated opinion, :grin: feel free to send Mark II on!

Jorge Luis Borges

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tyghress on 2002-11-24 10:54 ]</font>

Post by Guest »

On 2002-11-24 10:49, tyghress wrote:
On 2002-11-24 09:59, JessieK wrote:
One small point, I feel that who ever recives a whistle for review,should put it up for sale, and give the cash to the hunger
site!
Stace

Ditto. Previous prototype that I mentioned (the Ralph Sweet prototype) I bought outright yesterday. No freebies here!

Tyghress
OK Ok so I must be the only cutie pie that gives away freebies.
Still feel it would be a good thing to do though.
So when I show off the new soprano D,in the new year.........
:wink:
Stace
serpent

Post by serpent »

On 2002-11-24 08:05, mike.r wrote:
Thats true! Bill if yer an't kicking yer dead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
site!
Stace
A person who takes time to review a whistle at the makers request should have the freedom to do as he or she pleases with it.I dont recall any such request made to the fortunate recipient of your recent whistle give-away. Mike
I am in complete agreement, and had Jessie or Tyghress wanted to keep the proto, they only had to let me know. Jessie made it clear that it wasn't her choice, and sent it back. I offered her a new production tunable as a "thank-you" for doing the review, and she hasn't taken me up on that, either. It's her choice, and I respect it. Indeed,I did not place conditions on anything, but I suppose that I did have some expectation that they would not be looked upon as representative of finished products. That's all. I've not disputed any but the treatment of "finish" issues, which I have also made clear, I have taken quite seriously as issues to be closely examined in the production models.

Jessie and Tyghress both did an admirable job, far above and beyond what I could have expected. I consider the reviews fair and honest, and could not ask more. That said, I do reserve the right to comment on issues wherein I differ, and I believe that I've done so honestly and politely, also. Do not, under any circumstances, get the idea that anyone need be defended from me for having stated an opinion -- especially an opinion that I requested.

I think maybe you have the wrong impression as to what I asked of J & T. I was pretty sure they wouldn't want the protos, due to flaws I well knew beforehand, so I sent return postage, and told both that if they wished, they could have a new, un-flawed tunable as compensation for having done the review. I thought that Jessie made it pretty clear that she was not desirous of the whistle, so what are we talking about?

Jessie, Tyghress, I renew my offer to both of you of a new tunable for your kindness, or just keep (or I'll send back) the proto, if you wish. I have no need of them, and only sent the postage and label so you wouldn't have something hanging around that you didn't want. For my part, you can give them to someone else, or throw them in the bin. Otherwise, when they return, I'll prolly give them to my grandkids as toys.

And Mike, I guess you weren't aware that I did ask the winner of the give-away to please review the new tunable when she got it, a request that I'm sure she'll follow through on when she finishes the hassles surrounding her move. I didn't consider it a "condition", however, but a request.

Now, if everyone is in agreement that I'm not a big bully trying to mistreat Jessie, Tyghress, or the winner of the other whistle, can we please be buddies, or at least members of neutral camps, :grin: again?
Thanks,
Bill Whedon
jeffmiester

Post by jeffmiester »

On 2002-11-24 11:57, wizzy wrote:
OK Ok so I must be the only cutie pie that gives away freebies.
Still feel it would be a good thing to do though.
So when I show off the new soprano D,in the new year.........
Oooo, OOooo, I'll take one! :smile:
---The opinions and views expressed in this post are not necessarily the author's opinions. If you agree with them, they are mine. If you disagree, they are someone else's.---
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Awmygaddd! Stacey got bit to become a QT 3.14 too ? This getting scary...

Hope she returns to normal-no claws, no fangs-when Hoot's mon is over :lol:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zubivka on 2002-11-24 18:43 ]</font>
serpent

Post by serpent »

Stacey is actually a QT3.141592654
Let's be precise! :smile:
Cheers,
Serp